When Things Don't Go As Planned

As I've mentioned a zillion times, I am a planner. I set my agenda in the 5th grade and set out to fulfill everything on that 10 year plan. 14 years later, I am wiser and nowhere near accomplishing the things on that agenda. My cutsey 10 year old self would have a coronary at the thought that I did everything "opposite" of what I set out to do!
1. I didn't go to Hendrix. I really wanted to go to that school but it was so expensive! I had my heart set on it for years and I cried when I got my acceptance letter. I was so excited!! But no amount of financial aid or scholarships would have helped me pay for the school. BYUI was a parents' dream when it came to pricing!
2. I didn't go on a mission. I had always wanted to go on a mission for my church (www.mormon.org) and hoped that I would get sent to France because I had a knack for the French language. The older I got, the less a mission appealed to me.
3. I got married at 19. Another HUGE NO on my list. I wasn't going to get married until I was 23 because that seemed "old" and by then I would definitely be grown up.
4. I had a baby. I always thought about having a brood of kids so I was definitely ok with that change and probably the best thing I have ever done in my entire.life. :)
5. I got divorced. Little Ruby definitely had a coronary upon finding this out. I believe in marriage, eternal salvation, the whole works. I've always been a romantic at heart and believe that every girl deserves **fireworks** I started writing cute love stories and I had a list the length of the Mississippi when it came to describing The One.
6. I'm not in law school. I cried about this one for a long time. I still tear up. I wonder if I should have just gone out of state, completed a year of school, and then returned. But for some reason (that I don't have a clue about!!) I'm supposed to be here.

I am 24 years old with a handsome little 3 year old man who holds my heart. I graduated from BYUI with a degree in Political Science. I chose that degree because a) I thought I was going to stay home and it would be perfect for raising little lawyers b)it is the best degree when pursuing a law degree and c) I didn't think I'd ever need a life sustaining degree.
I prepared myself for a life that quickly disappeared. Now, I can't imagine having that life I planned. I'm preparing myself for the worst case scenario and I'm enjoying it! I am happy with myself and with my current achievements! My gosh life is good!!
--I keep reading posts from last year/ early this year and I see so much improvement! All those days of exercising paid off. All those voice/piano lessons helped me calm my frenzy anxiety. All those days spent on the phone with all of YOU helped me sort everything out. Life is what we make of it and I have the keys to creating the happiness I need in my life.

So when things don't go as planned, take the wild road! Make a change! Dye your hair blond! And EMBRACE THE CHANGE!Things happen for a reason,

Today is Friday, my favorite day of the week. I'm going to spend the evening jammin' with some awesome women who sing like angels, make some yummy food for the Maxinator and I, AND one of my girl frans is coming into town and we're going to have a Girls Night. **So Excited!**

Comments

Popular Posts