True Love

I woke up to baby kisses this morning and two little hands trying to pry my eyes open. The kisses were nice, they eyeball pokes were not so nice! I rolled over and pulled a pillow over my head and the questions started like this:
Max:Mama, are you awake?! Hey mom, are you sleeping?! Mooom, I's talking to yyooouuu. Answer me or I'll put you in timeout."
Me: Yes I'm sleeping and moms never get time out son.
Max: Oh I gave you two minutes and now it's time to wake up
Me: Two more minutes... (grumbling under my breath)
Max: nope, get UP

*I know I've only ripped the covers off his bed once and it wasn't very nice (it was also yesterday and he pretended to be asleep so he wouldn't have to go to his sitter's house) and so, he did me the honors this morning.
A. It worked
B. Don't do unto others what you wouldn't done unto you (sorry son)
C. Bright eyed-bushy tailed mornings are waning on me
     1. I used to be one of those
     2. I apologize to all friends I slept over with and woke up at 7am

I used to think our little family was broken, but it's not. It's perfect for Max and I. I look at him and feel like my heart is about to burst. We love each other and protect each other. I can still enjoy my life to the fullest and share it with my little man. I am so lucky to be his mother. I am so grateful to be his mother. I don't know how I ever lived without this incredible little being in my life. There are few joys in this life that keep on giving, I know that motherhood is one of those.

Comments

Popular Posts