Heavy Stuff Pt.1
Sometimes I wish I didn't have so many questions. I wish I could accept things as they are. I wish I could accept ideas (doctrines) as they're given instead of having to pray, ponder, and pray some more to understand.
I wish I could just believe with no question. Why is it that I have my doubts? My intellect gets the best of me. My views of the secular sometimes dominate and I see rational answers to my irrational questions.
Am I the only one that doesn't believe everything I'm handed? Am I alone, perhaps in my own little world, fantacizing about things that cannot be? Am I wrong to see the good in people who don't believe in my beliefs- wrong that I seek after these people because they help me understand that which cannot be explained? Will I be living in the margins, forever in the gray area, unable to reach the black/white separation that is so evidently apparent?
Comments
First, and I want to say this very clearly: if you happen to be somebody who wonders; if you happen to be somebody who is experiencing doubt about the church or about the gospel or any of the great existential questions, if you happen to be a person who wonders I say: Marvelous! How marvelous that is! This is your home. You belong here with us, and you are badly wanted. I want to be very clear about this, the Stake Presidency wants to have a community of saints who are probing, who are discovering, who are testing, who are faith testing, and who are making serious, critical investigation. We’re not trying to cultivate a stake of passive believers, mouthing platitudes. We are trying to cultivate active seekers. This is the kind of stake that we seek to lead. So that’s the first thing I want to make clear, that if you are finding doubts or asking questions, this is a safe and appropriate place to do that. And I can say that because my own Hosanna have passed through the crucible of doubt.
heres the link to his talk.
http://geoffsn.blogspot.com/2012/08/russell-hancock-on-testimony-and-church.html
hope it helps a little. love you ruby!