Never The Same

I see her often,
In my dreams we find each other
She is part of me and I of her
Two peas in a pod
Maybe just the same person
I'm not exactly sure
It's hard to tell
She is so alive!

We find each other in my dreams
Her beautiful hair, her contagious laugh
She's different
She's carefree
Her worries are simple and easy
I'm jealous and sad for her

Vivacious
Loud
Obnoxious
Loving
Kind
Generous
Crazy-
Go-
Lucky

I used to be her
I used to be wild!

Her smiling face tears at my heart
She is so young, too young
She is innocent
I am a shadow of her future
I cringe to think of the perils that lie ahead
How I want to reach back and change her life
Maybe just call back a reminder
Life is about joy!
Heartbreaks are part of learning
Live with no regrets!

I've tried going back in time to her
That's hard to do in dreams
I twist, fall, jump, run
and race towards her
She must know these truths
that I know will help her
I never make it in time
I'm never there to rescue her
help
encourage
love
nurture

I'm a shadow, watching from afar
I cringe when she falls in love
I cry when I hear her pray for peace
help
guidance
relief
comfort
None come

I see her smile begin to fade
Her personality falters
Her joys become her miseries
and I know she feels stuck

To stay with the one you love forever is everyone's dream
To stay for only duty and reprimands is a nightmare
Her worlds are colliding and she fights the
thoughts that creep up in her mind
I finally can't take it and yell at her
Get out! Don't stay! Please!
She ignores me
Sometimes she glances where I stand and
feels my presence
She knows I'm there
She still ignores
The truth hurts sugar babe, I know it

The light empties out of her eyes
She's scared and frightened
Help! She cries
I need strength! I can't do this alone!

Chaos errupts
Flesh meets flesh
I watch a thousand times,
Must look away
Can't look away
In horror I stare at the casualty before me
I watch the color drain from her face
Something vital slips away
Her knowing eyes find me
Her hate pours out like a thousand raging seas

"You! You knew! Why didn't you help?!"
She screams, her delirium so strong
I run to hold her
She fights me
Scratches at my arms
Draws blood
I struggle to hold her to my chest
She goes limp
I pull her away and look into her eyes

They're clear again
Filled with tears
"Good bye" she whispers
I shake her a bit
"Don't leave! Please don't go!"
Please don't die
I don't know who I am begging
She smiles at me, all too knowingly
"You know this happens, you know how this
story will end dear heart"

"I'm sorry!" I plead, I can't lose her
She stands for all that is good
kind
righteous
hilarious
praiseworthy
beautiful

I panic
Without her, I don't know how I
can live a full and happy life
I don't know whether I walk in a dream or real life

 
"It wasn't your fault, it's how life works," she whispers
She stops breathing
She sighs
Gone
Dead
 Out of my life forever

I stand only to stumble to my feet
My grief is blinding and strong
I lost her...

She was my innocence
I buried her
She lives within my heart
I will never forget
I must never forget

I await patiently for her to find me in my dreams

Comments

Popular Posts