We Will Never Forget
![]() |
| washingtonpost |
September 11, 2001 8:41 am: I was about to audition for a Guys and Dolls part. My forensics teacher thought it would be awesome to have all of us (debaters included) audition for roles. I was terrified, completely tone deaf, and shaking... The rest is a blur as we all heard the news and the screams coming down the halway. Someone had died. Something awful had happened. In confusion, we all went to our 3rd hour classes, where we found our teachers completely glued to the TV. I saw towers and planes and amid all of this confusion, found out that one of "our own" had been on that flight. My amazing 20 something year old teacher had a little sister on one of those flights. She was a flight attendant and had switched schedules with someone. Unknowingly, her kindness saved someone else. She was a young, vivacious flight attendant aboard one of the planes that hit the Twin Towers. Her name was Sara. I never met her but I had heard so many stories of her, seen pictures, and at the time, I adolized her older sister. I remember the awful feeling I felt in the pit of my stomach. As a 14 yr. old, I wasn't sure of all of those emotions; I just knew I felt awful for Ms. L. For her loss, for her family, for America and for what this would mean in years to come.
![]() |
| from AL fb |
I will never forget the thousands of lives that were lost on Sept. 11, 2001. I will never forget the pain we went through as a country. I will never forget the wars that ensued afterwards. I will never forget Sara Low, an innocent, beautiful woman who lost her life because of terrorism. I will never fully understand this loss but I have vowed to always write about this day in the hopes that we are reminded that freedom doesn't come free, that we can never forget, and that we must always stand united as a country and people.


Comments