Dating Tips Thus Far
![]() |
| pics by Erin Jones (thru google) |
1. be yourself
2. dress modestly
3. always brush your teeth
4. don't be afraid to state where you stand
5. Please BE YOURSELF
6. REALLY REALLY be yourself
7. if you're a talker, for every 10 sentences you want to say, only say 3 of them... trust me
8. take it easy/ no deep talks until after date 3
9. if you think of the first date as just a casual meeting, it will help you keep it light and you're not as likely to fall in love so fast
10. if he's seen you at your complete worst with a crazy child running around and you have raccoon eyes, and he still wants to take you on a date, PLEASE SAY YES
11. don't judge a man for his looks
12. do make a list of qualities you're looking for
13. don't dump a guy just because he doesn't meet some of your qualities (like MUST play the guitar and MUST have blue eyes)
14. don't set unrealistic expectations because you're not perfect yourself
.... Always make sure you have a girlfriend you can call after the date! That way you don't feel the need to bombard him with calls and texts. One "I had fun!" text is fine. STOP right there. Guys need time to process things. Something that I started doing about 8 months ago that has helped is writing down the specifics of every date I went on. I wrote down pros and cons and then I kept an update of more dates. It helped me to see (in WRITING) that there were some things not cool with some guys and opened my eyes to rationalizations I began to make. It's helped a lot. If you can't tell, I love writing. It helps me analyze everything.
Also- put yourself out there! I can't tell you that the most fun I've ever had took place when I actually didn't even want to go out but decided to do it! As much as I don't like dating, I can't complain. It's been liberating... and I'm all about liberation :)

Comments