Today Is Better
I have more faith today than yesterday. We lost another dear love to cancer. He fought valiantly and now, leaves his bride behind.
He was the 3rd person I left in hospice this year. My heart breaks. He's in a better place, he lived a full life, and shared it with the love of his life. I hope to only be that lucky one day, to know I shared my life with my other half. The way he looked at his wife with tender love and the way she returned that look (after 50 years together) melted my heart. Max will miss him too. He snuck him candies every Sunday during church and was always there to offer words of comfort to me. "Be patient, enjoy this time! They grow too fast. You're doing a good job."
Good bye to a family friend. The reassurance that families are forever comes in handy right now. He took his bride to the temple two years ago and I know they will always be thankful for that decision.
There is no greater piece of mind than knowing that families are forever. I may not have my other half but I know it all works out in the end.
Comments