Cheerio!!- Yorkshire Pudding (thanks Todd Fam!)

Soo... Sometimes when I find a specific subject that catches my attention... I kind of go OCD about it. I do a whole unintended thesis on it (food, culture, government- you name it)! I've had a thing for England since Ronald Weasley came into my life. That ginger honestly changed my life forever (and the way I see gingers).  **Sidenote, we all know my BFF Aaron is the coolest ginger of them all and holds my heart forever, he's proof that gingers are not souless!! Anyway, since Harry Potter is now over and the movies are all done, I have found myself  a little high and dry. Yes, I was one to go to all the movies and  one of the secret fans that read all of the books... Several times over. The last time I read them from cover to cover was 2 summers ago and since then I've been itching to watch all the movies, in one sitting! I know it sounds crazy but it's been a dream that I hope to accomplish when I retire. I mean, I'd need a full weekend and someone who could handle that... Max is not a fan of HP yet. It's too scary for him. Furthermore, my life took a turn for the best (rather recently) at a certain location that I cannot speak of yet... and my British infatuation has only grown since! *all of you that were worried about my Asian infatuation can now rest peacefully. minus my son- I will never grow tired of that little ball of asixan- ness!

Anywho, one of my favorite couples of all times gave me this recipe. They also love all things English and one of the spouses is part English. So this is a pretty legit English recipe. *They also used to make it for us all the stinking time when I was in Rexburg and it was sooo delicious. Yorkshire pudding and roast! YUM. Now, I'll add my Roast recipe because I don't have theirs and it's a pretty good roast recipe if I do say so myself... Seriously, this home cooked meal is delicious and if y'all have a honey you want to feed... Feed them THIS and then consider yourselves engaged. Really, it works every time.

Yorkshire Pudding

3/4 C. Flour
1/2 Ts. salt
2 eggs
1 C. milk

4 Tb. oil

Refrigerate 2+ hours. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Heat oil 2 mins. Cook pudding (in a muffin pan) 20 mins or until golden brown.

      Pot Roast
2-3 lb. of chuck roast
1 yellow onion
1 pckg of baby carrots
8 potatoes
3 sticks of celery
2 pckg of McCormick Roast Seasoning
**I do 2 cans of mushroom soup in case I don't have the seasoning


Throw it all in a crockpot and cook 6-8 hours.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it! Sounds very yummy and I will have to try this sometime soon! It will get you engaged huh?!? Interesting might really need to make this soon!
Ruby said…
Haha anon, make sure you have a certain honey first... OR invite a bunch of single individuals over and one of them is bound to fall in love with YOU! then you MUST promise to let me know that it worked!!!

Popular Posts