Vulnerable Recipe

                            Pork Chops with Kale
             I got this awesome recipe HERE. For those of you wondering why I posted this, read the entry before this one and you'll see it goes along with it. Sometimes a little good food goes a long way when you're feeling vulnerable!


Wash and cut 1 bunch of kale into 2-inch pieces.
Boil for 15 minutes in salted water.
**Meanwhile, heat a few glugs of olive oil in a deep skillet. Add 1 garlic clove and cook over low heat, just enough to flavor oil without burning, about 2 minutes.
Turn heat to medium and add 4-6 pork chops (pounded thin) that have been salted, peppered, and sprinkled with a little fennel seed (optional) and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
Using a metal measuring cup, scoop out 1 cup of hot water from the kale pot and pour into a heatproof bowl.
Whisk 1 tablespoon tomato paste in the hot water then add tomatoey liquid to the pork chops.
Cover skillet and simmer until pork is cooked through, about 15 minutes. In final 5 minutes, add kale to skillet and let it drink in the liquid.

Comments

Scabs said…
I can not get my family to eat Kale!! but this looks delicious to me.
Ruby said…
I started my boy on it once he could eat vegetables. It's really the only way!! Haha. You could always substitute it with another green veggie you like... or just throw a salad on the side. Kale is an acquired taste for sure. I didn't like it until I was an adult!

Popular Posts