XoXO

Hey Pretty,

My dearest of friends, my wonderful girlfran, the most loyal person I could have ever asked for IN MY ENTIRE LIFE... I love you! I'm so glad we've known each other for so long. Um, I hope you know you mean the world to me. You're an example of strength, perseverance, and above all- sacrifice. I've never known someone so loyal (and fierce) in my life!!- Really, I'm pretty sure you stood up for me a time or two and I'll always be grateful for it!
Right now, you're going through the most trying time ever. It breaks my heart to see you go through all this heartbreak. It hurts my soul to know that you too will tread the path I walked 8 months ago. I wish with all my heart things could have gone differently for you. I wish you could have gotten your happily ever after. I hope you know this isn't your fault, you did all you could, and that you're going to be ok. They're all cliches but they're true. You are so strong. This is but a moment and with time, you will heal.
I wanted to give you some good memories of our childhood to think of:
1. When I got stuck going to the principal's office after your note (our only fight I think...) was discovered. I totally got the blame for it AND didn't rat you out
2. Us swimming in your backyard
3. Me running away to your house all the time
4. I still laugh at how missionaries make you so uncomfortable because everyone used to send them to your house- "turn off the lights!! the mormons are here!!" Ha, still gets me every time :)
5. Teddy Bear Beating
6. Your disgusting school lunches (peanut butter+chips)
7. Our horrible middle school lockers
8. Remember how not cute we were for like 4 years??
9. Giggling- this was involved in everything we did
10. We always crushed on the same boys... all through school... Coincidence??
11. Going to Ruby-Tuesday and trying to get free food
12. The way we never could figure out religion but in the end we were still friends and all was good in the world
* Can't forget the Star-Spangled Banner scenario OR the time Mrs. Shephard kept me in time out from the whole entire English class our Sophomore year of high school! Seriously though, you were just as loud as me. The only difference was that you knew when to control your yapper as opposed to moi, who always wanted to share her witty remarks with the entire class. Ha!

only you know why I put this up!!

Every situation is different. I can't imagine what you're going through, yet I hope you know that I will be with you every step of the way!! Remember that one time I called in the middle of the night with the sofa against my door and cried about how I would never be the same?? I'm getting to the happy place. As hard as this whole process has been and as much as I still take a look at the "might-have-beens" I'm so thankful to be where I am today. You helped me see the truth behind what was really going on. Never forget what a great impact you have made in my life.
So many of my childhood/adolescent years involved us doing something hilarious! Let's make more memories!! Let's put these boys behind us!! Here's to a better 2012!! Here's to Virgin/Sugar Free Pina Coladas!!-Sorry that the sugar free will taste like dirt... But we can enjoy them together!!

"No getting married for either of us without best friend approval next time"-You. You're right sister, never EVER again!

XOxoXOxoXO,

Rubs

Comments

Emily Hogg said…
Prayers go out to your friend who is having a hard time right now. You're such a good friend, Ruby!

Popular Posts