I Finally Did It.- Last Friday Night!!
So I met up with a friend last Friday night to watch the incredly awesome HP (Harry Potter, the 7th movie part II)... and as I walked into his cute house, I fell in l-o-v-e. First, I felt like I walked into the pages of Southern Living- only one of my favorite magazines OF ALL TIMES... and there were some pretty legit pets that were the cutest things I had ever seen! Of course, I didn't make it past the front door because of the pets and then I found myself mesmerized by his baby... grand piano! I am not entirely sure what happened next because now it's all kind of a blur (minus the part where I remember going through all of his music like a kid in a candy store). It.Was.Glorious. Seriously. I haven't had very much
enthusiasm to get behind a piano in about four years and the only thing that kept my playing semi decent was my calling as the Ward Pianist/Organist- this usually involves pretty prelude music and then regular hymns. I hate to complain but it had gotten pretty mindless; I lost my passion and feeling for playing. I hadn't stepped out of that box or challenged my brain much in the musical field for years! For awhile, I physically could not play anything I enjoyed. Well, Friday was a day to recouperate from all of that. My friend was sweet enough to let me play his baby grand (I am still *sighing*) and he played me a few songs (um, he's AMAZING! If it hadn't been creepy I could have sat there and listened to him for hours) and if I hadn't promised to watch that movie, I would have kept playing all night long! It felt so good to play for the pleasure of it. -Thank you parents for the dozen years of piano music, I am really grateful for them!!- I decided right then and there to order some music. AND- a huge thank you to my friend for the piano concierto at his house! - Can we do this again please? I'll bring music next time :)
enthusiasm to get behind a piano in about four years and the only thing that kept my playing semi decent was my calling as the Ward Pianist/Organist- this usually involves pretty prelude music and then regular hymns. I hate to complain but it had gotten pretty mindless; I lost my passion and feeling for playing. I hadn't stepped out of that box or challenged my brain much in the musical field for years! For awhile, I physically could not play anything I enjoyed. Well, Friday was a day to recouperate from all of that. My friend was sweet enough to let me play his baby grand (I am still *sighing*) and he played me a few songs (um, he's AMAZING! If it hadn't been creepy I could have sat there and listened to him for hours) and if I hadn't promised to watch that movie, I would have kept playing all night long! It felt so good to play for the pleasure of it. -Thank you parents for the dozen years of piano music, I am really grateful for them!!- I decided right then and there to order some music. AND- a huge thank you to my friend for the piano concierto at his house! - Can we do this again please? I'll bring music next time :)
I finally got some music in so my family is going to get really sick of Les Miserables and Phantom musicals . But I don't care! I'm excited to finally pick up something I loved doing for years... Oh and yes, I also ordered plenty of Christmas sheet music. I'm ready!!
PS- I forgot to mention that I scored a free upright piano and will post pictures ASAP. Yay me!!
PS- I forgot to mention that I scored a free upright piano and will post pictures ASAP. Yay me!!


Comments