So ADHD
When I was a kid, I was convinced I had ADHD (not just ADD). I couldn't ever sit still! I had a hard time paying attention- and I always talked. A LOT. It's no wonder that some of my dearest friends are great listeners and introverts because they're just my type. -Anyway, after getting into enough trouble at school (for talking) my parents decided I needed an outlet. I had begged them for piano lessons for years!! Since I was teeny, I remember sitting down and banging cords on my uncle's keyboard. Well, let me tell you that my parents hit it right on the nail when they agreed to piano lessons. I learned discipline, determination, and for once-I learned to relax. I learned how to use music to soothe my constant on-the-go brain. I am starting to use piano as therapy again. It's doing wonders.
I'd like to give a shout-out to my handsome friend for introducing me to George Winston. I AM IN LOVE with his arrangements and every day I can't wait until I can put Max to bed or let him read so I can practice some of his music. It has been so nerve-wracking to try his arrangements because they're difficult (I would like to say back in the day, I was a pretty good pianist); I would have rocked his piano pieces in no time. Today, it takes a lot more dedication and practice to even sound remotely like his music. If you go here you can hear Pachebel and if you go here you'll be able to hear the piece I'm working on for Christmas. Before you think it's weird that I'm practicing Christmas music in the middle of summer, I would just like to let you know that you must practice off season to sound amazing during the holidays. Just sayin'.
![]() |
| George Winston... the Man behind the Piano |
Happy Thursday
![]() |
| And just for your viewing pleasure... My Aunt and I karaoking to an Old Ballad about heartbreak and love... If she'll let me, I'll share her story sometime. |


Comments