So Sometimes Mother Does Know Best...
I seriously have one of the best mothers in the world. In fact, I have the best mom ever. TRUTH. I'm really lucky to be so close to both of my parents and siblings. We definitely have our moments, but at the end of the day we are there for each other (which is what counts in my book). With that said, for the last two months I have given it my all to focus on: nutrition, health & fitness, MAX, motherhood, work, studying, and my daughterly duties. I started voice lessons with my old piano teacher and although it seems we mostly laugh and talk the whole time, I have absolutely loved it! I used to think it was selfish to take so much time for me, however, now I understand the importance of building self character before trying to conquer the world.
Things I'd recommend to anyone who is trying to better themselves:
1. Read a new book
2. Enjoy mother nature and spend some time with her
3. Pray (or try meditation for my nonReligious friends)
4. Write in a journal every day
*I have a Thankful Journal and try to think of things I'm thankful for every week
5. Exercise
* I joined Crossfit and love the group I am with! They are so encouraging
6. Go on walks around the neighborhood
7. Pick up a hobby you've always wanted to work on (like my voice lessons!)
8. Eating healthy- it actually helps me feel better
9. Deep breathing and counting to ten seriously helps
10. Have faith in yourself and believe that things will get better
Mother, you were right. Time really does heal all wounds. I know I rolled my eyes the last time you said that but it's true. The longer I go, the better I feel. The more I surround myself by people I love and people who genuinely care about my well being, the stronger my spirit becomes. I think I'm getting on to something here :)
Things I'd recommend to anyone who is trying to better themselves:
1. Read a new book
2. Enjoy mother nature and spend some time with her
3. Pray (or try meditation for my nonReligious friends)
4. Write in a journal every day
*I have a Thankful Journal and try to think of things I'm thankful for every week
5. Exercise
* I joined Crossfit and love the group I am with! They are so encouraging
6. Go on walks around the neighborhood
7. Pick up a hobby you've always wanted to work on (like my voice lessons!)
8. Eating healthy- it actually helps me feel better
9. Deep breathing and counting to ten seriously helps
10. Have faith in yourself and believe that things will get better
Mother, you were right. Time really does heal all wounds. I know I rolled my eyes the last time you said that but it's true. The longer I go, the better I feel. The more I surround myself by people I love and people who genuinely care about my well being, the stronger my spirit becomes. I think I'm getting on to something here :)
Comments