The Flu


I haven't been this sick in YEARS guys! Yesterday I laid on the couch while Max terrorized the house and I didn't even have the strength to yell from the couch for him to stop. For those of you who know me, you know there must have been something wrong with me. I was lucky to have so many of my girlfriends help (thank you Kels and Diane!!). I even watched Steel Magnolias and made it through without crying. I made a breakthrough!! I watched my first chic-flick in almost 3 years by myself. I deserve some form of award or something (or perhaps because it has such a heartbreaking ending, I didn't have to cringe at the happily ever after??). I sound so morbid. I blame the stomach flu.
As I sit here and munch on my saltine crackers and chug my gatorade, I torture myself wonder about the future. I'm a firm believer that if I do what I should, I will be taken care of... Well, I used to be a firm believer of that concept; these days just making it through the day is enough for me. Recently, I've started to become a believer that happiness does follow after the crap.
It's been 5 years of bad luck... This year has GOT to be one filled with good things!! I wrote that in my journal at the beginning of the year when I was dating a cutie. Two days later, the cutie ended things. Coincidence? I think not. However, I learned a lot about myself, dating, "the game," and I started working on me. So, this year has been a lot better than others. Last year I was having an epic battle of sorts, this year I joined Cross Fit and learned that I can look good after having a baby. Last year I cried myself to sleep; this year I fall asleep as my head touches my pillow. I see a lot of positives. Thanks 2012, you have been kind to me.
Max has been taking care of me - as well as a 3 yr. old can- and he's been so patient. I managed to get myself up to make him some food. He figured out how to use a bucket as a stool to reach a glass, then filled it with water, and brought it over to the couch. When I finished drinking it, he stroked my head and said "all better sweetheart," and took the glass back to the sink. He was more than happy to help me feel better. He also loved the concept of watching about 4 hours straight of Diego, Dora, and Spiderman. How am I so lucky?? How did I manage to have this amazing little boy who is so full of life?? I love him!

Comments

Alyson Samantha said…
That's seriously ADORABLE that he got you a drink of water!! I can't wait to re-meet him as his toddler self! And, I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm so sorry you are so sick!
Rachel said…
I hope you're feeling better. Max is so thoughtful.

Popular Posts