Especialmente Para Mi Mama
Mi Querida y Preciosa Mama,
"Mother, I love you! Mother I do! Father in Heaven has sent me to YOU! When I am near you, I love to hear you whisper so softly that you love me too"-in song.
I wish I had the eloquence to produce love-filled words to express my love for you. You know my deepest fears, my greatest accomplishments, and favorite joys. You carried me in your womb for 9 months and for that act itself, I will forever be grateful. I can't imagine the patience you must have and continue to acquire in my 24 years of existence. I would like to think that I contributed to your knowledge because without me, you wouldn't have had to learn so much patience :).
If ever I have thought I failed or felt the world crashing around me, I've only to look into your loving eyes to know that things will be just fine. You have always believed in me, cheered me on, and above all, loved me fiercely. That love made all the difference in my life. I have always known and trusted that love. Every since I was a little girl, I knew you would always be there to succor me up. You have never failed me in any way and you have always been consistent. What a blessed child I was and what a beautiful childhood I experienced.
I know oft times we take you for granted and it shouldn't be so. For without you, who would have taught us to act like upstanding citizens? To wash, cook, clean, and nurture others? I learned the duties of running a house (something I never thought I would want to do) without even knowing it and as an adult woman, I'm grateful. Cooking, ironing, and cleaning are survival necessities that I can play off almost effortlessly (not like you, you make it look fun and easy!!). 'Never do things halfway and always do what you say'- you taught me that. I wish I could share with you every special memory we experienced together, but that would take too many pages and days. I do wish to thank you for all those beautiful times we have shared, continue to share, and will always have to fall back on when times change.
Ready for some confessions? Don't worry, they're the good ones! You know I was completely terrified the day you left me at college and I cried for 3 days? I used to call you every single day just to hear your voice and encouragement. You have always trusted me more than I trust myself and I am so thankful that you have faith in me. I honestly could not have done BYUI without you there on the phone to constantly cheer me on and help me through. The day I found out I was pregnant was another life changing day! I had no idea how I would ever do all that you do. I am still learning and Max is a guinea pig but at least you taught me the basics. Then there was that day I thought my life had ended and I would never be the same?? You were right, I survived! I made it through, broken hearted and all but so much stronger now. I know I never give myself enough credit but I'm learning to accept myself: flaws and all.
I wish every little girl could have a mother like you. A strong, passionate, kind woman who will teach her the ways of life with constant love and affection. How different our world would be if every little girl could be as blessed as I was. These last two years I have had my turn at surviving trials and tribulations and if it hadn't been for your love and encouragement, I'm not sure I would be as healthy as I am today. I love you more than words can say, I love you for everything you have taught me, for what you continue to teach me, and for your constant example. You've taught me how to be a mother; now if I could just be half the woman you are- I will consider myself lucky.
You are the most elegant, beautifully poised woman I know and today of all days, I wish you the Happiest of Birthdays Mami. We have a fun day planned just for you and I hope it is a memorable one. You only turn 43 once and we are all lucky to have you with us for another year.
All my love to the woman who knows my heart,
Your Firstborn
Comments