Him
Hello, we used to know each other.
In every sense of the word.
I fell in love with his quirky ways, his funny smile
It was wonderful.
Have you felt elated like that?
Like you're spinning and floating?
Gliding and singing at the top of your lungs?
It's exhilirating.
Hello, we used to know each other.
We were young lovers.
It was us against the world and it was thrilling.
I used to know him very well.
His scent, his kiss, his deep, knowing eyes.
He used to wrap his arms around me.
Hello, we used to know each other.
He knew my fears, he loved my free spirit.
I adored him!
He was my first grown-up love.
Then, we stopped dancing the lovers' dance.
Our steps stopped matching.
Our words cut at each other in vile ways.
His fire lit my gasoline and we combusted.
Hello, we used to know each other.
I glanced at him.
He hesitated.
He didn't even acknowledge me.
Am I honestly here?
Did we really once love each other?
Did I ever know this stranger before me?
Hello, we used to know each other.
We used to love each other.
There is nothing left to show for all that passion.
His empty eyes gaze over me.
My heart shatters for the last time.
I loved him.
He was my dear heart.
Yes, I used to know him.
He walked away.
I glanced back to look one last time.
Hello?
In every sense of the word.
I fell in love with his quirky ways, his funny smile
It was wonderful.
Have you felt elated like that?
Like you're spinning and floating?
Gliding and singing at the top of your lungs?
It's exhilirating.
Hello, we used to know each other.
We were young lovers.
It was us against the world and it was thrilling.
I used to know him very well.
His scent, his kiss, his deep, knowing eyes.
He used to wrap his arms around me.
Hello, we used to know each other.
He knew my fears, he loved my free spirit.
I adored him!
He was my first grown-up love.
Then, we stopped dancing the lovers' dance.
Our steps stopped matching.
Our words cut at each other in vile ways.
His fire lit my gasoline and we combusted.
Hello, we used to know each other.
I glanced at him.
He hesitated.
He didn't even acknowledge me.
Am I honestly here?
Did we really once love each other?
Did I ever know this stranger before me?
Hello, we used to know each other.
We used to love each other.
There is nothing left to show for all that passion.
His empty eyes gaze over me.
My heart shatters for the last time.
I loved him.
He was my dear heart.
Yes, I used to know him.
He walked away.
I glanced back to look one last time.
Hello?
Comments
WOAH! This is good stuff!
Sending you love... :)