OLD LOVE
I read this on my friend's blog (that is amazing! and I would post a sight but idk how to do that!!) and there is a book I want to read called Dear Old Love. It sounds fabulous and is filled with old notes or things you would wanted to say to your old flames. If you know me, you know I fell in "like" with boys quite often- it was my personal flaw and trademark. Here are some things I would have loved to say to old flames:
I really missed our games of H-O-R-S-E once I left for college. You were the only one I could really play that game with because you let me win, sometimes.
Every time I hear Rhianna, I think of you because we danced to her on our first date.
I wish I would have told you how I felt. If I had known you felt the same, I wouldn't have worked so hard to forget you. I still think about you sometimes. Every time we hug it feels like home. That's why I still hug you; you're that security blanket I never want to get rid of.
I remember the first time you walked away from me during an argument and I let you walk away. I forced myself into your life and couldn't accept that you didn't want to be with me. It took us way too long to figure out we were fire and gasoline together (not the good kind).
Every time a guy walks up to me too quickly, I flinch. I learned with you to trust no one, especially when in love. I lost a piece of my youth and innocence the day your hand methodically struck me across the face.
You opened my eyes to the realities that surrounded me. Our souls shall be friends forever. I will always love you for your brilliance.
You dumped me for being Mexican in the 5th grade. I still struggle with identity issues. I hope you struggle with your gingerness.
I loved your watch. I get a little offended when I see it on someone else's wrist because it was so perfect for you; it's hard for me to imagine that watch on anyone else.
Comments