April=Asian Food Posts!


So I know I just posted a MEGA delicious recipe for Chicken Egg-drop Soup. YUM!! Well, I thought I would help all you other Asian food lovers/ gluten-free people out there ( in reference to Aly and my Sissy!).
The name of my delicious food today is: ASIAN STEAMED FISH!

You Need:
8 4to5 ounce skinless white fish fillets (I like halibut)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
5 scallions, cut into 2in. pieces
1 2in. piece ginger, peeled and cut into skinny pieces *matchsticks
2 T. low-sodium soy sauce (trying to keep it healthy)
3 T. peanut oil
3 minced cloves of garlic
1 jalape~o pepper *i like green
1/2 t. of sugar
1 red bell pepper *matchsticks slices again
Cooked white rice

Do This:
1. First things first, rinse your fish under cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle 1 t. salt and a few grinds of pepper over the fish. Arrange 4 fillets in a row in a glass plate. Top with half of the scallions and ginger, then lay the other 4 fillets on top to make a fish sandwich (get it, haha). Drizzle with 1 T. soy sauce and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes
2. Fill a wok *love cooking with these!!* with 2 to 3 inches of water, bring to a boil. Put a large steamer in the wok- the water should NOT touch the bottom of the steamer!! Set the plate in the steamer, cover and steam until the fish is cooked through (15-20 minutes). Transfer the fish to a plate and drizzle with any collected juices.
3. Heat the peanut oil in a small skillet over medium/high heat. Add the remaining ginger, the garlic, jalape~o, sugar and 1/2 t. salt and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the remaining 1 T. soy sauce and remove from the heat. Slice the remaining scallions into matchsticks and scatter over the fish along with the bell pepper. Pour the ginger mixture on top. SERVE WITH RICE!
** I like to add a little cilantro and lime... but this taste might offset everything else for ya. Feel free to play around with the recipe! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts