My Joy, My Love

Maxfield Byron

Sweet, kind, gentle
rough, laughs, runs
hugs, plays, sings, dances
cheers and calls the Hogs

loves: football, basketball, baseball
spiderman, batman, superheroes

food: bananas, bread, pb&j's
ice cream, strawberries, cucumbers
raw carrots, bulgogi, tacos
hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza

He smiles and tells me he loves me everyday. He calls me "my love" and refers to me as such and hardly calls me mom. He's sweet and gentle. He loves to have me sit with him and hold him. We hold hands before he falls asleep. He sings me songs. I sing to him every night before bed. He's really good at saying his prayers. He loves the Razorbacks and he's addicted to watching them play. He loves to help me in the kitchen, he calls it "cook-it!" and he'll say "sorry, I'm cook-it with my love" when he's in the kitchen with me and my parents ask him to come sit with them. He's darling and kind. He will share without needing to be reminded. He loves nursery and las hermanas that help in there. He is compassionate and headstrong. This boy could lead his very own rebellion and be successful at it. When we are excited, we do the "thumbs up" sign and if we're feeling very excited, our "thumbs up" kiss. He loves to help me pick out outfits and is a dream when we go shopping. He likes all the latest dinosaur/captain america shirts and he is obsessed with both. He loves to take baths and he calls it swimming. We play the piano together and sing primary songs. We read lots of books and he will sit and read by himself for 20 minutes.

I'm so lucky. I'm so thankful. I don't know what I did to deserve such a boy but I'll take it anyway. I love him so!

Comments

Popular Posts