I Have Been Liberated

First and foremost, I am a woman. My female adjective is closely followed by feminist. Now, add Mormon to the mix and you get Ruby in all of 'my'glory. Can such a combination exist?? Blasphemy!! How can I make such a claim when we all know I went to the land of oat and honey, tied the knot at the ripe age of 19, had a baby by 21... I took a road less traveled by a feminist, ok? Such things have been known to happen. This leads to my next point. I made the discovery today, while sitting in traffic during the lunch hour, that I have been liberated. I mean, I am a minority woman for crying out loud. First, we had womens suffrage which paved the way for many other civil rights activists. Fast forward 90-something years later and once again I have been liberated. I live in a blessed society that has not shunned me for being divorced and a single mom at the old age of 24. *Thank you kind society!!*




It isn't fair that divorce is the norm but at the same time I'm glad I wasn't tossed to the side and looked down upon for "disgracing the family name"(my grandma's favorite phrase for divorced people). This taste of sweet liberty to do as I please is better than chocolate and a giant Route 44 Coke combined. It's delicious and precious.

I am free to think, practice, and act upon how I feel. I think within moderation these things are essential (like breathing air for me). I am in complete control of my body and mind. I wouldn't expect anyone else to be responsible or care for how I treat my own personal vessel.

I have been liberated from myself. I have cast a pardon in my favor, the situation I recovered from, and now I can look forward to the future with bright eyes.


"Free at Last! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty I'm free at Last!!"

Comments

Popular Posts