Brunette Advocate

I have always stood and defended Brunettes! We are just as fun as blonds! We are just as (even more) beautiful as blonds!!- I think my brunette complex began in grade school where my best friend was a blond (not my bff Tues) and I knew we were treated differently. Although it wouldn't have been blatantly obvious, I could feel it. I had large features: the flat nose, the high cheek bones, almost oval face. She had a refined, European look-some would even call it sophistication. I also realized at an early age that with my dark features and olive skin... I would never be able to compete with girls like her. We were marginalized at an early age without even knowing it. Once I reached adulthood and realized that boys like brunettes just as much as blonds, I became more comfortable in my skin (it's sad that it took a boy to tell me I was beautiful for me to even consider it). I still have my blond bffs and I know that they're beautiful. We don't have to look like each other in order to be friends. That's the beauty of growing up.

Unfortunately, I have failed my fellow brunettes. As of Friday, I became a blond. I "crossed" over to the dark side of blondness; it was an accident! I didn't mean for it to happen! But with my lack of hair expertise and my stylist's love for all blond things bad things were bound to happen... She colored my whole head of hair blond (*sigh and grimace). I was in a slight panic when I saw it. Even now when I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself. Since I haven't had the time to go back to my brunette color, I panic every time I go out in public in fear that I will run into someone I know. I'll post a picture for all of the blogging world to see because as soon as I can find the time, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be changing these roots to a darker color.

Comments

My Name is JACY said…
I want to see! Sorry about the bad experience... that's always a bummer!

I was blonde my whole life but I've been dark the last 10 years or so and LOVE it :)
Anonymous said…
Show me!!!!!! Seriously - I can't imagine you as a blonde.
Ruby said…
unknown... who are you?? haha

Popular Posts