Giving Men Up for Lent: Part II

Well, Lent will be over this weekend. I made it a full six weeks without going on any official dates. It's funny when you separate yourself from something, how many things come to light. After giving up men for Lent, I got asked out 6 times. In. One. Week. What the heck??!! I was confused because I had just given men up, now they were popping out of the woods like daisies!! I was strong in my convictions and only hung out with boys. Haha. Better than actually dating or any of that scary junk. Things I've learned thus far from this experience: I am valuable and my Heavenly Father loves me. These are cliches I grew up with and never fully understood them until now. I am a daughter of a King.


We had General Conference this weekend and it was a humbling experience. I realized there are a lot of things I need to do better (I'm finishing up some speakers as I type) and I am grateful I was raised in a good religion, with principles that will lead and guide me throughout my life. I heard a powerful talk that I could apply in my life and it was a much needed answer to a constant prayer. The music was great (always my favorite part), the speakers awesome, and I love how all the old ladies have crushes on Elder Uchdorf. Haha.


I am clearing my head, learning from mistakes, and living every day with the purpose of believing that God has not forgotten me and He loves me.

Comments

marciw60 said…
Hi Ruby, loved your post. I have to say though, you actually sound a bit more conservative then liberal. Most conservatives believe most of those things. The universal healthcare would just have to be alot different and free enterprise works, but I have the same problems, small business, can't afford health care etc, etc, but going with government insurance, wow, just doesn't work...just ask anyone from Canada or England who have been sick, yikes! Also, welfare program. I don't know many conservatives who don't think we need something, but...that being said, it is much better to teach a man to work, or educate them so they can work, then to just continue to hand out things to them. Trust me, I have seen way too many abuse the system. Honestly, this is why the church system works so well. WE ask people to work, we don't just give them what they need. WE help them to have some dignity and self respect, rather than just a handout. I personally, am not a fan of Bill Clinton, he actually has caused some of our problems today, and i think he has admitted that by deregulating things. I think if I met him, I would probably like him, at least my dad says that because he is very charismatic, but he actually caused some serious problems. I think that most conservatives are even more out for the common man because we want to help them find work, find success , find happiness, not just hand these things to them. I can agree with you on the education things. It is frustrating to see how little teachers are paid, myself having been one. I am not sure how that can be worked out though. It is a tough one. You are amazing and very thoughtful and a beautiful person. Keep up the amazing things you are doing. I want you to know, that being a conservative does not mean you judge others, or think less of them, or discriminate, quite the opposite. I truly enjoyed reading this and I hope some of what I said makes some sense, ha! Plus, didn't know you had a blog, so now I shall read it, I like the way you write! Love you!!
marciw60 said…
Ooops hahaha, somehow I posted this on the wrong thing, hahahaha, makes me laugh now. I guess I shall read your giving men up for lent! Sorry about that, shows you that a conservative doesn't pay attention!!!!!
marciw60 said…
Okay, just read this, go out with those guys, Unless they are losers, then definetly don't! I loved general conference as well! So absolutely wonderful! I laughed in the part about President Uchtdorf and the old ladies, ha ha, so true!!! HOpefully we will all do better!

Popular Posts