LAST FRIDAY NIGHT!

I consider myself a top-notch momma. I love my kiddo to pieces, I try to give him 100% of me while we're together to make up for lost time, and I pride myself in being a good role model. With that said... He went to stay with his dad last weekend. It was the first time in about 4 months that I decided I needed to go out. What did I do?? Called my girlfriends and headed out to hit the town! I told them I wanted to do something really out of the ordinary, like dancing! For those of you who know me, you know I dance as well as a 2X4... Meaning that the great dancing latin genes decided to skip ME (thanks A LOT hispanic genes!! NOT!). Anyway, we decided to just meet up and have a night out on the town. We went to watch a country band sing, we enjoyed some delicious drinks, and boy oh boy, I had the time of my life!! Thanks to my dear friend McKenna who took time off from her busy schedule to make some magic happen.




Did I do anything super glamorous?? No. Not at all. But I dressed up, got some pumps on, and enjoyed my youngness (i think i made this word up) and a good night with a wonderful woman. She is fully confident in herself, her endeavours, and most of all, she is loving! If you can't tell, I have a special place in my heart for this woman and I hope to be more like her. She was such a good sport to take me everywhere, introduce me to people, and best of all, when I got asked to dance, she cheered me on!! I did get to dance (thank you to the boy who tried to teach me!) and I felt good! What a confidence boost! What a rush! Minus the part where I looked like a lost penguin, but that is a post for another time...


I won't be doing this again for awhile, but I sure am glad I went on a night out on the town with a beautiful woman who is helping me find my confidence and my MOJO. It sure does feel good to find my place in the world again!

Comments

Popular Posts