The Last Time


This is the Sacred Grove, a very special place for us Mormons

"I hugged him fiercely, wondering when we would see each other again. Tears stung my eyes as I kissed him one last time, hoping for a miracle to happen. I had great faith that things would work out between us and I prayed he would change for himself, for me, for our child. I wanted to hear him say he loved me but he just waived good bye and walked away from me. I watched him go, sobbed to my terminal, and wondered how in the world I was supposed to drop this bombshell on my parents that I needed help. "- August 14, 2010.

More terrifying moments my soul has not known. I had isolated myself from my dearest friends and family. My shoulders were nearly crushed by the weight of the desolation I carried. For years, I held on to my weight, unable to share that burden with anyone. When I finally did try to share that burden, I was met with ridicule and unbelief. My faith in my Christian family waned. My faith took a beating because I was angry. I had worked hard to follow the commandments, serve my fellow men, better myself in the gospel, and then during my most trying times, I almost lost that faith I had worked so hard to acquire and maintain. Of course, it was during the pre-divorce period that I had to work to find my relationship with God. It is still a work in progress but I am better. I know that He exists and that He knows my circumstances. When I doubted Him the most, I stumbled upon Mosiah 4:9 "Believe in God, believe that He is, and that He created all things, both in Heaven and in Earth; BELIEVE that he has all wisdom, and all power..."  At that moment, I kneeled and offered a prayer of gratitude. I wanted to believe so badly!! I wanted to remember what it was that got me out of bed at 5am with a smile on my face and ready to face the world!

I rediscovered my faith. It's different from before.

Anyway, I can honestly say I am a better person today than I was two years ago. I look at Max and know what true, beautiful, incredible love is. I appreciate every minute I have with him. With that, I will do a huge update of our adventures together. He's grown so much. He's a skinny little boy with lots of love to give. My life is complete with him in it. I don't know what I would do without my wolverine/power ranger/hulk/spiderman/ action man! We sword fight, water battle, and once in a while I get to play a damsel in distress. I'm lucky I get to have this much fun every day!

Comments

Scabs said…
oh wow. id love to hear more of your story. the image of you hugging him and giving him his last good-bye is heart wrenching. tragic for him. he watches everything that is his walk away from his life and he has no emotion. sad
Scabs said…
serious? sorry about the double comment :)
Ruby said…
No worries! It's weird to narrate this story because it's mine. He let us go. His emotions were always right below the surface and unfortunately for him, he let the worst ones out. I'll keep adding more on my story, just for you Scabs!

Popular Posts