I Don't Believe In Coincidences PT. II


John Locke, love this man's ideas and principles. Clean Slate all the WAY!
 Since I share all my intimate details with you guys... Can I just say my mind is still reeling at everything I talked about with Mboy last night?! I think part of the reason is because I hardly ever get more than a full paragraph from Max so any time I get adult talk I truly treasure it! Well, if I typed everything we talked about last night I would cease to have readers so here's a little bite of our discussion. I share this with the hope that you guys will really think and seek after meaningful relationships and conversations. We're in such a high tech world with so much at our fingertips that I think sometimes it's difficult to have/make/strengthen our bonds with other people. I want to encourage you to Search out things that help your mind wonder and process. It will make life more interesting and you'll never know what might come from it!

CONVERSATION
Mboy: ... Blind faith and subjective value(judgment) are symptoms of selfishness. A religion's need to survive, always be needed.

Me: Selfishness- probably the root of all evil... I think that's the inner struggle too. Man has always needed something greater than himself
Mboy: But I do not like religion because it is very destructive... It divides people
Me: It can also be very inspiring and good
Mboy: Yea, it's evolved over time but the premise is the same... Religion was power. Real power... by eliminating religion you eliminate a very divisive force in the world... I just don't believe I need to live up to anyone's expectations but the ones I feel I should attain
Me: I've recently discovered that
Mboy: In summary, I abstain from religion because the good it performs could be performed equally as well even if religion did not exist
Me: I respect that
Mboy: The destruction and division it creates could only exist as long as it exists Me: Instead of quitting my religion because it's been such a great part of my life, I follow it according to how I feel comfortable. A little off but it works for me
Mboy: Which is a strong move, because you are driving the relationship... I do believe there is something that unites all things on the universe, god, energy... Not atheist. Just anti-religion...

Topic of Adversity: (My) Favorite Quote of the Conversation
Mboy: Suffering builds character (I did grimace at this when I read it and maybe rolled my eyes**). Only through conflict and adversity can anyone hope to see things for how they really are. - These words ring true in my heart and mind.


2 Nephi 2:25 "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."
It's amazing the kind of topics we have tackled in these last three weeks of friendship. We've discussed poverty, politics, religion (always a personal favorite), and the allegory of the cave. These discussions don't do away with my religion. They help me really look into my practices and say "this is exactly why I believe this." I know God exists. I know He loves me. I know He has a plan for everyone. He's merciful. I believe in a loving, just God.  

**I grimaced because I had been told that over and over again... It's a hard concept for me to grasp. Even if it is kinda true.

Comments

Popular Posts