POTTY TRAINED!


There are moments (few and far in between) in a mother's life when you know you are an accomplished parent. Potty training is one of those moments! Now, I know I took forever to get Max to potty train but I just wasn't ready. Yes, you read that right. I'm not good with any type of change-ever- and in the last 2 years my entire life has changed. So keeping Max in diapers felt like a good idea for both of us. Then, the day finally arrived when he was ready (aka my mother had guilt me into it) and in 4 days my boy was toilet trained. He had one accident and that was nearly three months ago. I feel like I started to toilet train him a long time ago (I blogged about it) but it didn't become official to me until last night when he went potty by himself. I watched him walk into the bathroom, lift the lid, do the duty, flushed, and washed his hands. Then, he brushed his teeth and got into his PJs. My goodness! I have never felt so proud until that moment. He's 3! I know I'm bragging but it comes with the title, right?

Confession Time: My only worry was that I wouldn't be able to teach him how to "go" standing. So I sat him down on the seat. Being a newly single mom, this was a difficult task. How on earth do I teach him to stand, aim, and fire?! Even parenting books couldn't help with that! I tried every trick in the book. Don't worry, my brilliant child figured it out (mostly thanks to the help of other boy cousins who came over and swam, quickly ran out of the pool, and picked the nearest tree). My worries were laid to rest and thankfully he won't be the one little boy in preschool who has to sit every time he has to go!

I'm blogging about this to encourage moms to toilet train when they (and their kids) are ready and to remind single moms with little boys that they're sons will figure out the stand-up routine.

Comments

Bubbles said…
Hey! I have a new blog I wanted you to look at and tell me what you think! www.healthybitsbites.blogspot.com aka bubble girl! Melissa

Popular Posts