Hallelujah Friday

I'm experiencing a world I always avoided. A world filled with excitement, delicious food, incredibly inspiring people... They're not like me. How are we different? They aren't run by a code. They live their life for the day, in the moment, experiencing things I can't even explain. They're good people. Amazing People. I love them.
They're not like me.

Perhaps it is that time, where I let down my guard and enjoy the things I've always been afraid of (like sky diving, eating octopus, etc). Maybe it's through these simple things that I will find for myself what I need, what I want, what I should have. I am not the maker of rules and I have always been a rule follower. Those rules have gotten me to where I am now. I think it's time to be thankful for having had them; now I'm retiring them and living by my own rules. I feel so different. This new life is so good, pure, clean, murky, and slightly confusing. Then I look at him, he looks at me, and everything else seems to fade. I can't seem to hold a thought in my head when I'm around him because he brings so much of everything in my life. Laughter, joy, humility, and kindness. His eyes... Tell a story all of their own. I don't pry but I wonder.

We are all molded by our experiences. Some have tainted my belief and trust in men. Then I'm around these incredible people and I remember that I can trust again. I am reminded of the goodness this world has to offer. I remember my Heavenly Father and His plan for all of His children.

I'm going to camp in my back yard tonight. Burn some marshmallows. Re-live those childhood days I miss so much. Happy weekend YOU GUYS!

Comments

Popular Posts