Piece of Heaven

You know when you get in touch with that one person you've been missing? I just did that. It made me feel a whole lot better about life and she gave me a new perspective on things.
I'm not entirely sure how tomorrow will go but I know I've done all I possibly can and so, I guess I have to have faith in myself and my testing abilities. Easier said than done right?

Today I miss my beloved BYUI. I miss the nice people, all the walks I took around Porter park, the hot dogs across the park, summers in Rexburg, and the wonderful people I came into contact with. I swore never to miss that place but today, I miss the bubble. Really good things happened there and I finished "growing" up. Rexburg will always hold a special place in my heart; no matter how much I swore at the cold or hated smelling like pizza (good ol' Craigos) I still get a sweet, nostalgic feeling just thinking of devotionals, the long walks to the Ricks building, my incredible classes, and the friends who have become family. I fell in love there, the fast, diving-head-first kind and 5 years ago today, he asked me about eternity.

I may have lost my best friend but I gained a life-long knowledge of love, trust, and honesty. I also got a really awesome babe out of it and every time I hold him, I think of the days when I carried him in my belly in frozen Rexburg. He might not remember it... But I sure will never forget those days.

Some people will say Idaho is the worst place ever, so boring with nothing to do. To those people I say, you're boring. Rexburg was fun- as long as you knew how to have fun- and I was always lucky enough to surround myself with incredibly fun/gifted people who kept the Spirit of Ricks alive. 

Comments

Kara said…
I miss it a lot too sometimes. My sis is headed back there this week after being on a mission and it makes me wanna go back! I agree--it's only boring if you make it boring. There's plenty to do you just have to go out and find it and make memories.
Ruby said…
So true Kara!! I've been missing it so bad. Weird how that happens. Also- I have got to catch up with you soon!
Malley said…
I love this post! I always hated on Rexburg too but looking back it really was a nice place :)
Ruby said…
There really is no place like it, right?? Haha. I remember wanting so badly to get out and now I wish I had a reason to visit (OH wait I still have Britty and Brian there!!!). It really is a nice place. Miss ya girl!

Popular Posts