When Did I...

When did I become my mother?? I have considered myself a pretty cool mom (ok, sometimes). I mean, there have been times when all Max has had for breakfast is ice cream, chocolate milk, and some form of protein. Sounds healthy and nutritious right?? But what's a mother to do when her child won't eat. at. all. I have even tried the "starving" method where I don't feed him anything that is not on his plate. But the other night I was a little tired and caved. Mental note to self: don't ever do that. Kids learn quickly how to get to their parents and for now, I'm having to explain to a 2 year old why he won't be eating ice cream for dinner. ever again.
I can tell I'm becoming more like my mother in the sense that my "no nonsense" personality has come out. I don't tolerate bad behavior. I do enforce a code of laws. I do not cave at the first sign of baby tears and finally, I have learned to say no without feeling guilty.
I HAVE MADE A BREAK THRU!!!

Um, shouldn't I get some kind of award for this discovery?? I think so!!

Comments

The Todds said…
Here's your reward: you could now be an elementary school teacher. That's what it's all about! No nonsense. No caving. No guilt. HA!
Littlemommaesme said…
Definitely a break through, you have to make him eat his veggies or he will end up being as tall as his aunt Sally.... And we DON'T want that....

Popular Posts