How to Lose a Guy in 4 Weeks

Hi. My name is Ruby. I overanalyze.




Has anyone seen How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?? I definitely learned how to lose a guy in a few weeks. Haha. You know when you meet a really great guy, there's a connection, and you have similar interests?? Then that guy seems just a little "too" great and a little "too" handsome? After that, you enjoy your time with him but overanalyze everything because you're not sure what he's thinking or feeling... If he says this, does he mean it or is he lying? If he likes you, does it mean he like "LIKE" likes you or semi likes you? You should play hard to get but are terrible at it. Everyone has different advice and you do it all together at the same time? Do you wait after he texts? Do you show interest? Can you call him at all?- Ladies, is this starting to sound familiar? Yeah, I did that. Grant it, I haven't dated in 5 years and I got a little rusty in the Man Department. It may sound like an excuse but really, it's TRUTH. Grown men are terrifying for two reasons : they're gorgeous (I forget what to say) and they are walking temptations (scorpion men anyone??).

I wish that real life was a movie so I could rewind and just enjoy the time I was able to spent with a nice person, instead of sitting in panic mode. Ladies, he was GORGEOUS. We didn't have a lot of similarities but he was personable and charming. Did I mention he was gorgeous?! He opened car doors, showed affection, doted on me, and we experienced some good food together. It's unfortunate I panicked or that I didn't meet him a year from now but I think things that are meant to be always find a way to be. So if this didn't work out it's for a reason. Dating is dating, the game is the game (umm... I'm taking a break). I think for now I'll stick to watching basketball and not worrying about the "might-have-beens." I am really regretting that giant tub of ice cream that is sitting in my freezer. I want to eat it but haven't eaten that poorly in about a year... Yet, I remember the comfort that comes from eating ice cream and brownies, with a big strawberry salad. Sounds gross, but this has been my comfort food since I realized I could have comfort food. Oh... and that part of the movie, where the best friends get the other friend out of bed and then tell her of things not to do... Ya, that happened. But maybe... Maybe I'm just going to focus on Max, my career, my education, family, church callings, and bettering myself. Maybe that'll do the trick.
1. Don't panic
2. DANCE (in the car, your shower, the location, restaurant-oh wait not in the restaurant)
3. Don't compare him to other guys you've dated (IN YOUR MIND)
4. Smile
5. Take it easy
6. Buy the book Rules and live accordingly
7. Always end calls first

8. Do not share past horrible dating experiences (sob stories are lame on 1st dates)
9. If you're not comfortable with something or someone, voice it
10. Don't lower your standards or change your beliefs
11. Be yourself
12. Go with what you feel and instinct is key
13. BRUSH YOUR TEETH
14. Try new things
15. Don't be afraid to put some heels or lipstick on
16. Make him chase you. Idk why men love it... But they have to feel like they're working for something
17. Never leave the house without mascara and lipgloss on
18. Don't eat a lot of garlic
19. Wear the right bra (NO WATERBRAS!!!)
20. Don't stare at him with the deer-in-the-headlight-look

Comments

Emily Hogg said…
Good for you girl! I know it all sucks, but I love you! :)
Lauren said…
Ruby! We need to chat...So in high school, all my girlfriends would go to me for the guy advice. And I'm not going to lie...I had pretty good guy advice! So if you ever need to chat about the guys...call me! Seriously, I still need to call you back! We will catch up then!
Ruby said…
Thanks Emily!! And Lauren- CALL ME!! hahaha
Littlemommaesme said…
You are amazing. And that guy was laaame.. You will find someone who will be incredible and we will all lOVE him... Patience my dear, with dating and with yourself. I love you!

Popular Posts