Single Awareness Day!

Valentines has never really been that big of a deal to me. I honestly can't remember the last time I "really" celebrated this event. Now, at nearly a quarter of a century old, I have gained much wisdom from ignoring this holiday. It's just a day. Today it's Tuesday. My sweet daddy got me roses and a teddy bear (red for Ruby, how cute is he??) and all the boys I have ever crushed on in my life professed their love via online media to their wives. This does make me feel a little old and a little out of the love loop. Just before all of these professions of love made me barf, I saw a little advertisement on the side that said "1 in 3 College Students have STDs." That made me laugh for five minutes straight because I thought it was a little tasteless to present this ad on Vday. Still funny...

I guess I'm no less aware of my singleness than I was last week... So, HAPPY VALENTINES! HAPPY SA DAY!!! There is plenty of love to be given and to be had. I have a beautiful family that I love sooo much, amazing friends, and my own personal/built in Valentine... Maxfield!!


May we all learn to love the best way we know how, do our best to demonstrate it to those that surround us, and know that there will be greater days to come for those of us who don't have eternal love just yet. I haven't been able to watch my "romance" love story (the notebook) in about five years. Today is not the day to whip it out... But I look forward to the day I can watch it without having my heart feel completely broken. Until then, I'll stick to XMen.

Comments

Popular Posts