LENT is not always a good IDEA
I consider myself slightly Catholic by nature. See, I was born a Catholic, baptized Catholic, and my parents come from very, VERY Catholic backgrounds. We are no nonsense type of people, worship regularly (and fervor might I add), and I attribute this to our Catholic background of dedication and commitment. My great-grandmother walked on her knees for two miles to a holy place in order to be healed from epilepsy. Legend has it that after traveling for a week, walking on her knees for two miles, and showing extreme faith and dedication, she never suffered from epilepsy again. Anyway, I digress. I think this 6 week fasting period is fascinating. I think it shows great sacrifice. The last time I practiced Lent, I was in high school and I gave up mayonnaise. Best thing I ever did because to this day, I can't eat mayo (I was addicted to that junk, ewww). I thought it would be excellent to exercise and give up my couch for 6 weeks. I have been doing pretty well. I walked on Sunday with a girlfriend and we had fun. Last night, I walked with my mom at the park. Except, I think I'm supposed to be a lot more hardcore than I have been. Walking really isn't going to get me anywhere.

I HAVEN'T HAD A COKE IN 1 WEEK 5 DAYS...
I feel like I'm dying. I can't believe I was having a RT44 Coke everyday. Sometimes twice a day for productivity. I have been chugging water like crazy. I did cheat and have juice the other day... that was a bad idea. It had some form of carbonation (maybe it wasn't juice???) and I was bloated. SO BLOATED I felt pregnant!!! It was a baaad idea... THIS IS SO HARD. I just have to look on pinterest and see all the bodies I have posted and remind myself that I can look like that too. I just have to be consistent and work hard. Switching on my diet hasn't been too bad. I am eating lots of romaine lettuce, green stuff, blue berries, and oatmeal. I am going to start lifting
weights tomorrow, thursday, and friday... And change up my exercise routine a bit.
weights tomorrow, thursday, and friday... And change up my exercise routine a bit. BRING IT ON...
Comments