Babies are awesome

My sister Sally has an adorable little man. Xander is so fun and a joy to have around. I was fortunate enough to babysit him the other night and it was fun to cuddle, sing him baby songs, and feed him (this guy has no problem in that department :)). My biological clock has been a little nuts lately, so it was nice to get it re-adjusted after Xander's visit. Max was very actively involved, wanting to help feed, change his diaper, and even burp him! Max is a great older cousin and he is always concerned about Xander's well-being. Sometimes we have to teach him to be gentle. He's a little too eager to get him down to play. It is so cute to see him playing the "big brother" role! He's such a sweetie.
Last night we took turns praying. He said the first prayer. I prayed our "family prayer," then he decided he needed to pray again! Oh to have the faith of a little child! Sometimes it's hard for me to just get through my personal prayer... I am grateful that he has a righteous desire in his baby heart to pray. It warms my heart and reassures me that I'm doing something right. It's also a reminder to me that I have a loootttt of things to work on. This parenting thing is no easy feat, let me tell you!! Since Max is growing up among teenagers, he has developed a teenager attitude.


TEENAGE THINGS MAX SAYS:




"Whatever"
"Don't talk to me"


"Hold on, just a second please"
"What did you say to me?"


"I.DONT.CARE."


"Who cares?"


"Um, hello??"


"K. Love you. Bye"


"I don't want it!!"


"See ya!"


"My turn to drive!"


"I want it now!!"


*See the teenage pattern?? Impatience, frustration, wanting to do things by himself, wanting his mother to do things for him... I'm sooo excited for him to turn 13 (NOT!!) Hopefully scientists and mothers everywhere will have come up with some form of pill to help them during this transformation stage. I'm just lucky he's not a girl. Girls are so much more dramatic!


I get really excited when he uses real sentences and doesn't just grunt for things he wants. He always says a word once. But that's it!! Then he'll grunt for anything else he needs haha. He's such a boy and I love it!

Comments

Littlemommaesme said…
He is such a sweetheart!! We love Maximus SO much:). We are thankful you are near so Alexander can have his older brother around to learn things from! I love those two boys!
Ruby! I love reading your blog! Max is so lucky to have your as his mom!

Popular Posts