PRETTY WOMAN MOMENT


I believe I'm going to pay tribute to one of my favorite actresses of all time, Julia Roberts. What a beautiful woman! Have any of you seen Pretty Woman?? I think it might be a bad rating but I saw that movie as a kid, so technically it wasn't my fault I watched a risk-y movie. It's a pretty great movie and my obsession with Richard Gere can be blamed on that movie. The reason why I'm always day dreaming about fancy, gray haired men can now be understood. Anyway, I have undergone a change of sorts. For those of you who know my fashion tastes (t-shirts, jeans, flats, wavy/crazy hair, slight makeup, etc), you are about to be blown away.

I, Ruby Annette, have finally discovered my fashion sense.


**Boom. That just happened.


You're probably all stunned in silence!! No worries, my beautiful (holy, torn, overwashed, faded, dying) clothes are still in my closet. They have just taken a backseat to my new clothes. My Antonio Milani (did I spell that right??) pants fit like a dream. The Miss Me jeans, other brands I can't pronounce, have helped to outline a shape I haven't been able to get right in years... I haven't felt this liberated since I became emancipated (aka turned 18).



CONFESSION: I never ever (seriously never) thought I would shop at Dillards. Why? Because I thought only old people and stuffy people shopped there. Yes, I was judgmental. Also, I haven't been able to afford those clothes since high school. I mean, why spend sooo much money on clothes when I could go to New York and Company, Gap, and Target for my clothes? Seriously, I think my whole wardrobe (before the change) did not have a label on it. I am a simple person. I live a simple life. I don't like to overdo anything about myself because that just isn't me. I'm not high maintenance. I like things that look nice and have a great price tag. I am a new age tomboy. I would rather spend money on things that are important.



** thank you pinterest!! love these outfits... and loved putting them together. great website! Why the change of heart: Well, I work in a professional setting. I have to do business casual every day except for Fridays. In this quest to find my inner self, I discovered I really do love pampering myself. I feel like a real woman when I put on my outfits, match with jewelry, and have awesome hair. Did you know my hair is ridiculously healthy and awesome? Why do I feel like I'm bragging?? Ugh, that is not my intention. My intention is to share the news of liberation! I am free!! I have overcome my biases and stepped into the unknown, the dark side, and I love it!! I can still be simple Ruby, I will just look way better than I did before. With all of this, quality over quantity has taken a whole new meaning. I recently discovered that if I fork over a little more money in looking fresh, diplomatic, and professional, older site supervisers I interact with will take me more seriously. AND- these clothes will not fade or die quickly. They will give me their moneys worth.



I know a lot of us can't afford this kind of lifestyle. I had a hard time spending money that I knew needed to be used elsewhere. But I had to take one for the team and grow up. My clothes were fine but they weren't as professional as they should have been. My jeans were never going to fit again because I've lost 3 dress sizes. These jeans are aaaamazzziinggg!!!


Move over Julia Roberts, I haven't felt this good in about seven years!

Comments

Charity Brown said…
That's awesome! I'm jealous! Wish I could afford some of the cute outfits I see floating around on pintrest! :) You look AMAZING! I'm inspired by you!
Lauren said…
You go girl! Enjoy yourself! You are beautiful. P.S. Dillards is AWESOME!!! My philosophy is, how can you not afford to spend a little more money for clothes that last vs spending tons on clothes that quickly fade/lose their shape/etc.? The few dresses I've bought at Dillards or Macys have lasted me years...and they will continue to. So pretty Ruby!
Toni Call said…
good for you, ruby! i love this post. you look AWESOME. i'm a huge advocate of designer jeans (not that i'm wearing them right now cause i've got some weight to lose). I'd much rather spend more money to have 2 pairs of designer instead of 4 or 5 cheap-o's. They just look and fit better all around!

Popular Posts