The Circle of Life
The constant pattern that God created for us is incredible. We are born, grow, find our soulmates, have babies, grandbabies, die. It's hard to feel insignificant when the world is so large. There are so many people. Yet, these simple lives that people live are incredible. The families formed and the bonds shared are the true blessings we are here to experience. Our family experienced a loss over the weekend. A dear cousin passed away after fighting the good fight with cancer. It was hard for me to see the hurt in my father's eyes as we discussed what would take place. Now, my daddy is a country away, saying goodbye for the last time. During these times, I never know the right words to say. "I'm sorry..." Doesn't seem to do the pain and hurt any justice. Death is a natural part of life. It's always when that natural part is broken that the pain tears through families. Parents are not supposed to bury their children, young widows shouldn't be burying their spouses, the list is endless.
I have a great belief when it comes to family and the eternal perspective behind them. I don't understand the in's and out's of everything, but I do know that I have gained a testimony behind eternal families. I didn't always know that families could be sealed together. It is such a kind blessing to know that I will be reunited with my loved ones across the veil.
I wish I could share this with my friends and family. I wish they would understand why it is that I can never fall away from the church. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the foundation I am trying to build my house on. Families are the centerpiece of this grand masterpiece created by a loving Father who wants us to find the incredible joys He knows we will find if we work in His vineyard. I can never fall away because I have come to understand some underlying principles that are the basework for happiness. Part of me wishes I were strong enough to share this with my friends and family. I don't know what holds me back (maybe it's the fact that I'm still figuring everything out, I have struggles, etc.). This faith is something I have to fight for every single day.
Comments