OH GOSH... BRING IT ON FOR 4 WEEKS!

So, I'm bringing it on!! Again. I blogged about getting back into shape the other day and decided to do it after my tests. Here I am again. Committing to the blogging world (ok, not many ppl read my blog. but that's ok) that I will overcome my awful tendencies and strive to be better. I have a friend who blogged about her 10 week journey and I could tell it really helped her more than anything to be accountable to herself and blog about it.

I think part of bettering ourselves includes taking care of our body. My body is a temple. I have been treating it like a mall. I say this in the sense that because I have lost weight, I have allowed myself to think that I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want it, and drink Coke like there is no tomorrow. In fact, today is my first day without a coke. All day. My withdrawal has been awful!! All I think about is how much I want a coke. I close my eyes and all I see is a cold, red coke in my hand... That's pretty awful right?

They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice how your body has changed. 8 weeks for your friends to notice. 12 weeks for the world to notice. Frankly, I don't care if "the world" notices. Who the heck does that include anyway?? I am not really doing this for my friends' compliments either... I think I'm just ready to accomplish something that is on my bucket list:

drum roll please...

I want to get into a specific type of bathing suit. I have never ever been able to wear one. Before it was out of choice and now it's out of embarrassment. I realized that I'm 24 years old. I am never going to be this young again, never going to be able to look this young again and I'm no longer taking that for granted. I want to feel better about myself. I want to look in the mirror and not see thin but muscular. I have flab. I have flab in awful places. I have flab in places only I can see but that doesn't make me feel better.

So, here I am again. Ready to start the workout of the year to prep not only for Spring Break but also to have a better lifestyle. The choices I make today regarding food will shape my tomorrow. We all know I'm a sorta diabetic. If I don't take care of myself I will have full blown diabetes again and I don't want that!! I want to be able to prep my body in good ways.

So here are my stats:

Weight: 130-133 (I was 130 this morning, 133 Sunday... so not sure??)

Body Fat: 20%


I am going to measure my arms, hips, and thighs and post that later. I am not trying to lose a ton of weight per say. I am a curvy woman and curvy is what I'll always be. I do remember that when I was 120 and in the prime of my life, I felt awesome. I could do a lot of things I can't now.


What I'm planning on doing:

*Run/cardio for 45 minutes 5 days a week

* Push ups

* Sit ups

* Lounges (aw yeah, my fave!!... NOT)

*Weights

* Finally, I'm going to try Yoga


I'm ready for this change. I need this change. I'm excited for this change!!

Comments

Littlemommaesme said…
Yay for YOGA!!! It will totally change your life!! Good luck! Im doing this too:). Love you!

Popular Posts