Boys are from Jupiter

Is there anyone who reads my blog who is single?? No offense to my married friends... But ya'll are done. You have husbands. You made it! Game over. No worries, I'm not jealous that you don't have to date, put yourself out there, and figure out what you want/don't want with guys and consistently remind yourself that it's all going to be ok because there is a prince out there (phew, try saying that in one breath). Haha. Ok, maybe I'm a little jealous.
See, I have no room to complain about anything. I have been asked out more times now than ever before in my life! It's kind of funny actually, mostly because I thought the opposite effect would happen. I thought guys wouldn't ask me out because I am a single mom and that can be intimidating to men my age. I also hang with the greatest group of boys that I absolutely love to death and have no idea where I would be without them. They lift me up, help me practice flirting, teach me the don'ts and do's of dating. They are completely honest when I ask if something "makes me look fat" (boy, they sure are really honest sometimes...) It's unfortunate that we all friend zoned each other because I know these boys wouldn't break my heart (intentionally anyway). There's also that part where they're not Mormon. Thankfully, a few did volunteer to convert in order to help their "sister" out. Isn't that so sweet and thoughtful?? Haha.
Someone emailed me a list of Things Guys wished Girls Knew (this is for you, my single friends!). I thought some of them were important to share!
Rules That Guys Wished Girls Knew:
1. Sometimes we just don't want to talk. Don't take it personally.
2. Get to the point
3. Helpless is not cute
4. Understand that men are single-minded and can only do one thing at a time
5. You can't complain that there are no good guys around while some of us are still single
6. If you ask us "do you think she's prettier than me?" we just might say "yes." Then what are you going to do?
7. Don't expect even a great relationship with us to solve all your problems.
8. Breathe occasionally so we can get a word in
9. For us, driving is not just a means of going from point A to point B. It's an opportunity to control a couple of tons of steel. We drive, therefore, we are.
10. Hide the self help books when we come over. They make us nervous.
11. We don't go shopping. When we need something, we buy it.
12. We don't believe you when you say money isn't important to you
13. When we see pics of Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones we feel proud and happy to be men. We don't care if it's not fair.
14. It's not that we don't want to make you happy, we don't know how
15. Learn to work the toilet seat. If it's up, put it down (this still bothers me!)
16. If you ask a question you don't really want an answer to, expect an answer you didn't want to hear
17. Sometimes, we're not thinking about you. Live with it (i don't like this one either)
18. Sundays equals sports. Period. (love sports! in moderation of course...)
19. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really
20. You have enough clothes/shoes
21. Crying is blackmail
22. Your ex-boyfriend is an idiot
23. Tell us what you want. No hints
24. We're not mind readers and we never will be
25. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question
26. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
27. Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument. ALl comments become null and void after seven days
28. If something we said could be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one
29. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. NOt both
30. Christopher Columbus didn't need directions, and neither do we
31. If we ask what's wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing is wrong
Comments