UNADULTERATED

This is where my madre is from: Colima. I want to go find the pure life  there!!
Pura Vida: pure life
Unadulterated (I prefer unadultered) : wholesome, untouched, clean, pure, uncorrupted, spotless

I have been on a quest to find all things that are wholesome and beautiful this last year. This reminds me of something I memorized as a child before passing into Young Womens'.


"We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say we follow the admonition of Paul- We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."- Article of Faith #13


-I started back at ground Zero at the beginning of the year. I was struggling with who I really was, what my beliefs really were, and at the end of the day, I came right back to where I started. It was kind of a "full circle" moment for me. I've never been one to solely rely on what others' say and so I struggled with my faith. I had lived a chaste, virtuous life... I kept the commandments and tried to be better every day. Why was I so sad? Why was my heart broken? Why couldn't I get over things I needed to let go of? -Of course, then this was all followed by the age-old question what is wrong with me?? I had the epic of all pity parties, I've been known to do such things. But this time, I couldn't find my self worth. I had lost sight of the prize and had strayed from the things I knew to be right. Why would I go against something I knew to be right? I guess I wanted to find the answers to my questions somewhere else. I was wrong. I found only more heartbreak and desolation. Then, just when I thought all hope was gone, I was given another opportunity to come back, to fully embrace all the lovely things I have always loved in my life... Since then, I'm recovering remarkably well! I have a whole life ahead of me and I know that with the Lord by my side, my awesome friends, my beautiful/incredible child, I am going to be just fine. I may not be on a pulpit preaching my religion, trying to get others to embrace my Christianity, but I have the hope that if I search for everything that is of good report and praiseworthy I will not be forgotten.

He is my reason for finding the good life! Look at this precious face. My heart is melting :)
You know that saying about raising a child in a certain path and he won't stray from it in his old age?? Yeah, I can relate. I have discussed with people the questions of: what if you die and you find out you weren't in the right church? What if you wasted all this time practicing things that aren't correct doctrine?  I used to worry about those things, I mean I try to stay away from things that are harmful to my body, mind, and soul. Today, I realize that even if what I believe isn't complete truth, I will still be proud of the life I lived. I sought after good things and loved my neighbor. I realize the Lord is merciful and loves ALL of His children. At least in my heart I will know I did all I could to live a good life. What more joy can there be than working to raise a righteous posterity? Not even good money can buy that happiness. I really can't think of anything else in this world that replaces the love and bond that is created within family. I know with a surety that I'm here for that very purpose, even if my family is a little broken and not completely whole.

Comments

Rachel said…
You are amazing, Ruby! And your little boy is adorable.
Scabs said…
Seriously, I would want to live a 1000 years if that was my handsome little boy! He's kissably adorable. It's such a gift to be able to look at the world and see all things beautiful, to search after those things!
My Name is JACY said…
You ARE amazing Ruby! You are beautiful and that boy of yours is such a DOLL! I think Little Dude has that same suit... ;)

I loved, loved, LOVED chatting with you today.... who knew an hour would fly so fast? haha! Can't wait to chat again!

XOXO
Ruby said…
Thanks ladies! Scabs, I feel the same way about that child :) he's my life! Jacy- OMG. It did not feel like an hour at all!! Thanks for your insights! I'm so glad we're friends!
Andrea D said…
Your son is adorable. I hope you're well on your way to finding pure joy every day :)
Tab said…
You're so awesome and that little boy of yours is SO cute. The End!

Popular Posts