I Vow
Conversation with my nail lady Kim:
Her: "Why do you bite your nails?!"
Me: "I know, it's gross! That's why I'm here... To get them done and stop biting them."
Kim: "You shouldn't bite your nails!"
Me: "I feel like an alcoholic at AA right now."
Kim: "What does that mean?!"
Me: "I don't know I just felt like saying it."
Kim: "You have to promise to stop biting your nails!"
Me: "Ok, I promise Kim."
Kim: "You need more self confidence, you know that?? If you stop biting your nails you will find a boyfriend. You're a pretty girl and smart too. Men like girls with pretty nails. It makes their hands look pretty." Really?! Having average nails will score me a boyfriend?? I don't believe it.
Me: "Yeah, I've heard that before..."
The conversation went on and on and on about my nails. I seriously felt like an AA member by the end of it! My least favorite pep talk during that conversation was on: if I stop biting my nails, men will like me. Oh my gosh!! Is this why guys don't go out with me?! I also learned during this AA session that I need to date within my culture (messicans as she called them) because that would make my parents happy. I disagreed with her but she insisted that foreign parents want their kids to marry within the culture. She found herself an actually nice looking guy a man from her own culture and they're happy together. She might be right but the only problem is that I have never dated a hispanic guy before. I also don't really know any my age (around here anyway). Who knows? Maybe she's right. Obviously I don't know what goes on in the dating/relationship world since my relationships have all been short-lived (minus my 4 yr. run with Max's dad).
I, Ruby Annette, promise to get my nails done bi-weekly for the next two months in order to kick my habit in the BE-hind!
![]() |
| I'm not the only person with nail-biting problems. Check her nails. Woof! |


Comments
P.S. My last name is Garcia, what's yours???
Good night darling! Can't wait to hear your wide open and promising future.
Gotta love the nail ladies. My last name is De Santiago
Emily- yay!! thanks love!!
Tab- thanks for the encouragement!
lauren- maybe i'll just wait to score a real date, then i can worry about ethnicity, and all that other junk ;)
scabs- your comment made me LOL a tall drink of Italian sounds good right about now!