A Few Ways to Lighten the Daily Load
1. Make your bed: It will make your room look so much neater! I know I get stressed when I just glance into my room because Max changes his outfit about 10 times a day (yes, we share a room...) and there are clothes, toys, and blankets everywhere. It's overwhelming. But if I just make the bed, it makes the room look 100 times better. Try it!!
2. Answer your emails and delete the ones you don't need. I once had an inbox of 8,000 emails and some of them were important. I dropped a few balls by not checking my email in a timely manner.
3. Establish some kind of Family Home Evening or Family Night: It's important to stay up to speed with your loved ones. There are important events that need to be addressed, etc. etc. etc. Just do it!! Max has grown up with having FHE and he (usually) loves it. We sing some songs, discuss a short story about being nice/friendly/kind to others, and end with dessert. It's a big hit at my house!
4. De-clutter your life: For me, it can be very easy to get overwhelmed by all my work, single-parent stuff, and all the service I provide. I am always willing to help those around me but sometimes I have to take a step back and prioritize. I don't have to be in 50 activities at the same time and that's ok! So make a list of things that are important. For example (things that are important to me): God, Max, and my job. Everything else falls behind that. As long as I'm doing the very best within these 3 things then I know I'm doing just fine.
5. Take time for YOU: As a single mom, I had a hard time leaving Max and taking time for myself. Then once I started going out, I felt like a horrible mother for not being with my son those extra hours... It makes such a difference though. I am more patient, I feel better because I have taken the time to go out with my girlfriends, working out, or doing whatever it takes to wind down. Even if it just means putting your babe to bed early, curling up with a good book or journal, you'll feel much better and rejuvenated. **Nails, pedicures, and massages are also great ME things to do!
6. S-I-N-G: You heard me right! Music can be soothing for the soul and mind. It also helps your lungs become stronger :) Max and I do a lot of singing and dancing. He hasn't realized I'm toned deaf and can't dance so that makes it all so much more fun!
7. Call your parents: Let them know you're alive and well. They love you! They want to know how you're doing... That's just how we are all programmed. Relationships are an important part of human life and they help us on so many levels! If you're not into that, change and do it! If you are already doing it, you're good! I am so thankful for the great family that I have and for all of their love and support. I'm really blessed.
8. Dishes: I'm really big on having a clean kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The bedrooms can fall apart (just kidding) but as long as I can cook in a clean kitchen, sit in a vacuumed room, or get ready in a bleached bathroom- I feel like a queen. True Story. However, as long as the dishes are done, I forgive myself for not having an immaculate living room. Pick one thing that really "does it" for you and go for it!! I have my three essentials but even if I just have one of the three done, I consider myself a success!
Comments
I left town AGAIN as soon as I got back in town SO I am behind in calling you..... I will try you either tomorrow or Saturday OK??
LOVE YOU! Hope you're well! And Celine Dion?? REALLY??? She is my FAV!
XO