Longest.Week.Ever.
Max has been gone for a full week... And no, I haven't partied like it's my birthday or been out until the wee hours of the night doing who knows what at Aaron's house, or even slept in for that matter. -Who parties now-a-days anyway? In high school/college our parties consisted of a lot of sugar and planning on getting boys to our houses/apartments haha.
By the way, I got strep throat (I swear it's from him being gone!) the first day of my vacation and I just got better. Thank you immune system for killing me.
You guys, can I just say I miss Max so stinking much?! I haven't been able to sleep, which is never good when you're sick, and I keep having those nightmares where he's by a pool and drowns. How morbid is my unconscious brain?! In case you haven't heard, that's my second fear. My first is fire. You may ask, isn't Max in Colorado Springs, where the fires are going crazy?! The answer to that is yes, yes he is. And yes, I totally freaked out when I saw his aunts and uncles posting pictures on facebook of massive fires in neighborhoods that looked just like theirs. I.Freaked.Out. Thankfully, everyone is fine and Max's dad's family didn't get evacuated or anything. They're just dealing with a lot of smoke. Please pray for the people in Colorado!! I can't imagine losing everything in a fire. I'm highly contemplating buying some sort of gadget that will hold my valuables (jewelry, passports, birth certificates,etc) to protect them just in case.
On that note, I would just like to say that it takes a lot of faith to do this sharing thing. I know Max is in good hands but it's not the same, you know? I guess it's because I'm his mom. He is my son. I don't know how to explain it. Let's just say that I'm trying to make the best out of a hard situation. I'm glad that he has a relationship with his dad. I'm just not glad that he's thousands of miles away from me and my angst/worry button is on high alert.
Anyway, I am super excited for the weekend. It's really dragged around to getting here but I'm feeling better, and I have a cute date down in Little Rock this weekend!! Did I mention I'm going to visit the man Aaron Schneider in his neck of the woods?? Yeah that's happening. I honestly can't wait to hold my little munchkin in my arms again. Until then, I think I will watch everything I want to on netflix, eat all the grownup junk I want, and stay outside until I look like a native. Holla!
Comments