TAKE COURAGE
Woke up to a world filled with bitterness this morning.
Only cold water ran out of the shower.
The wind blew my papers all over the street.
My car broke down on the highway.
My dear friend's mom is sick, terminally ill.
Woke up to a world filled with little light this morning.
The paper jammed copier decided to die.
The flight of stairs took longer to climb.
My office is suddenly filled with a range of papers.
People constantly calling for meetings.
Job interviews left and right.
When did I become so popular?
Woke up to a world filled with stress this morning.
My hair is everywhere.
My clothes don't match.
I lost my phone.
My candle died.
The water delivery guy smiled at me and handed me a coke.
The world is filled with less bitter this afternoon.
The world feels lighter right now.
The world may not be any less stressful, but for this moment, I will shake off the burden and enjoy my tender mercy.
Only cold water ran out of the shower.
The wind blew my papers all over the street.
My car broke down on the highway.
My dear friend's mom is sick, terminally ill.
Woke up to a world filled with little light this morning.
The paper jammed copier decided to die.
The flight of stairs took longer to climb.
My office is suddenly filled with a range of papers.
People constantly calling for meetings.
Job interviews left and right.
When did I become so popular?
Woke up to a world filled with stress this morning.
My hair is everywhere.
My clothes don't match.
I lost my phone.
My candle died.
The water delivery guy smiled at me and handed me a coke.
The world is filled with less bitter this afternoon.
The world feels lighter right now.
The world may not be any less stressful, but for this moment, I will shake off the burden and enjoy my tender mercy.
It's hard to see the good when we're constantly fighting to survive to keep our heads above water. It's hard to understand that challenges will only make us stronger. It's hard to know that things happen for a reason, yet we may never know what that reason is. It's hard to know that things will turn out just fine in the end, for which end are we referring to?? It's easy to forget the good things that happen in every day life. My child smiled today. He danced and sang to a funny tune. I have the divine hand of Providence in my life, constantly helping to guide me and to reaffirm my faith when I feel helpless. It's easier to remember the good, the beautiful, the amazing events that take place when I decide that I will be happy. I will experience joy again. I don't need anyone else's life to help me feel better because I will experience my joys and my challenges have made me stronger. Do I wish things were different? Sure, sometimes I do. But at the end of the day, I feel like a warrior woman because I did a very hard thing. I saved my child, my sanity, and my testimony. I fought valiantly to keep those things that were sacred to me. If you're struggling, having a bad day, or need a pick me up, read THIS.

Comments