Praise the Lord Friday
It's Friday!
I'm feeling exceedingly dapper and ready for the weekend. Things are falling into place and I'm so ready to put this melancholy-ness behind me. These last two years have just ran by and I don't want to be left in the dust. Life is such a crazy adventure and I'm ready to make the absolute most of it! But really, I am really working on being an overall better person. Want to know a secret?? I have all of my grad school papers filled out EXCEPT for my personal statement. I've been staring at it for the last.... 6 months. I don't know where to start or what to say... Or how to say it! Which sounds lame because I love words and I'm good with them (okay, usually).My brother thinks I should write:"Hi. I'm Ruby! You should pick me because I'm really awesome and people think I look like JLo! I'm also smart!" I like that he added the smart at the end, I wonder what he thinks of me sometimes haha. He also advised that I end every sentence with a ! in order to get my point across. *I really love that brother of mine and his belief in me.
Max has been growing like a weed and screaming "twick-oh-treat" out the car window at random strangers. I hope he's not disappointed on Halloween day because it's only one day. He's been prepping for it since September. This morning on the drive to work he kept singing, "I love Halloween! Yes I do! I love Halloween how about you?!" and would expect a response from me every time. It was cute. I forget what it's like to be a kid sometimes so having Max is a great reminder because I get to see him experience things for the first time that I take for granted. Like the first time he flushed a toilet, chewed gum, or figured out the law of gravity by carefully spilling his cup of milk on a coach bag, No big. This kid is a walking engineer and techno fiend. Have any of you had your kid reprogram your iphone or figured out how to change the login password?! I know I'm kinda biased because he's mine, but this kid is a walking brain AND I love that. Now I don't have to be the only nerd in my family. Yay me!
Comments