To be Three Again

Dear Max,


You are darling. You will be three tomorrow. Three!! Where did the time go?? When did you become a little man?? You say the funniest things: don't talk to me, I need a hug, you're silly mama, oops I tooted, boogers!- The list is endless. You pick up words and phrases like a sponge. You love to laugh. You think everything is hilarious. I can exaggerate pretty much any action I'm doing and you crack up. You love: Cars, Cars II, Jungle Book, How to Train Your Dragon, and on tv: Dragontales, Elmo, Arthur, and Spiderman. You are obsessed with Spiderman. Before you were born, I promised never to let you watch a lot of TV. Well, you're a TV addict and I have to limit your time. But thankfully, you are also a boy through and through and you love to play hard. You love the park, swimming, trees, and animals. You love the Razorbacks, football, soccer, and basketball. You're absolutely fascinated by food. You are such a good eater!! You're not picky at all and will try something at least once. You're fluent in Spanish and English. You're favorite food to eat is Mexican and Asian! You love sushi (you call it chuchi) and demand it at least once a week.


I do have to apologize for your lack of potty training. You're ready. IN fact, you could probably change your own diaper right now. I know I gag every time I change your diaper and make a scene, but keeping you in a diaper keeps you a baby. You're my baby. The only one I have and what a miracle you have been. This last year was a confusing one for you: you had to travel (a lot) back and forth between mom and dad. However, you were a trooper! You are such a good little boy for both of your parents and we love you so much.


You are a great help and a natural born leader. You are confident in yourself and that will come in handy when you grow up! You are full of love and compassion. You always say "thank you, please, bless you" and you make sure you say your prayers at night. You love to cuddle your mama!!- Remember this when you're older- you hug me every night and we read books to each other. You love to read. You're so smart too!! That is always a plus with a child. You know your ABC's and can count to 14! You are learning your colors (except you're stubborn about green and blue so I'm wondering if you're colorblind??). You rock out hard to Justin Bieber, Adele, and Katy Perry. You are also a fan of the MoTab choir and Beethoven (you can thank me later for that one!). You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen; the most wonderful face I have ever looked into. What a treasure you have been in our lives Maximo. We love you so much! You are my greatest blessing and accomplishment. I look at you and know that life is just right. I love to hold you every night and hear you snore next to me. I don't even mind that you don't even care to sleep in your own bed (oops, you might care about this in the future, oh well!). You refuse to sleep in any other room that isn't mine. You follow me like a shadow and ask me a trillion questions every day. You are curious through and through. You like blocks and it seems to me you're going to be brilliant at Math. Hallelujah! I could eat you to pieces but for your safety I don't. You're the cutest boy around. I have already made so many memories with you that are too numerous to share and list on this blog post. But do know that: you're witty,fun,charming,hilarious,sensitive,loving,insightful, and faithful. You say your prayers. We love each other very much and though we argue about it constantly, know that I LOVE YOU MORE! You can't read or understand everything I'm saying right now but one day you'll grow up and you will know that my love for you is the driving force behind everything I do. All of my actions have become our actions because I strive to be the best example and mother for you every single day. I know sometimes I'm a scatter-brained, loud, and I get upset but that's just because I'm learning. This parenting thing isn't easy at all but you make it worth every effort.
Eres mi vida. You really are my life. I'm ok with that because I love you so much. Words cannot express this feeling of awesomeness I feel every time I think of being your mother. What a lucky girl I am! The Lord knew what a great good you would be for me.
Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for having hope in me. Thank you for your baby hugs and kisses. I'm going to miss your teeny chubby self climbing up all over me in order to get my full attention. You're growing much too fast. Do me a favor my love? Always know the depth of my love for you. Know that it is there even if you don't understand how deep or strong it is. You're mine forever, you know, and forever is a long time.

-Momma

Comments

Popular Posts