I DID IT!!!





I have made it... *drum roll please*... 3 WEEKS WITHOUT COKE!!! -Insert "and the crow goes wild!" This is a huge stepping stone for me. I had the luxury of losing weight almost 2 years ago and since then I fell off the healthy bandwagon (seriously, I still have bruises from the fall). I had not gained any weight -in the last year- so I indulged in cookies, eating out with friends, and of course, my beloved Coke. That beverage is so bad for you but its taste is completely addicting. For awhile, I thought I would chew my fingers off from wanting a drink! You know you have a problem when you chew gum and bite your nails like a smoker just to fight the cravings. I stopped biting my nails three months ago and picked that habit right up to replace my Coke habit. Don't judge, I'm not perfect!! All in all, I have stepped it up. I bought tons of fresh whole foods that I keep in the office, I lifted weights today during my lunch break, and I make sure I walk a bit so I'm not sitting for 8 hours straight (yes I have been known to do that). I'm really proud of myself today! I am doing it! I may not be dropping poundage but that's ok. I just want to tone my body and feel better about my food choices. I still have 7 solid weeks ahead of me, two vacations right smack in the middle of all of this, but I feel like I'll be fine. Summer is about to be fan-freakin-tastic and I'm really pumped (in case you can't tell the difference from yesterday and today's posts) . As much as I used to wish I was a teeny little woman, I have finally realized that I will never be petite in that way. Curves are not a problem for me like they were before. I know what I can look like once I'm toned and I am definitely happy with that thought. The challenge is getting through these two weeks.


If I can get through these next 2 weeks, I will be able to do just about anything!

Comments

Popular Posts