Paraguayan in Training

This is Angie and she was my trainer for the day in Aregua.
I had my first day of orientation! I am fascinated by the people, the culture, the driving... I'm fascinated by the driving. I am a rockstar driver out here. There are no stoplights, there are no stop signs (like 2), and people just drive in between each other. It's every fast and furious driver's dream!

** Mom, I'm kidding. I'm not really driving these streets. I have a personal driver. Next week it's public transportation for this girl. Helloooo 2.2 million peeps!

My daily routine is now this: wake up at 5:00 am, ride the transit at 6 to make it in to work by 7:00 am. Then I work til 3pm, come home just in time to start prepping for the next day. No one ever stops in this country. It is a constant GO GO GO! I love it! Who needs sleep?? Not even the old people here! My host is a dentist and she opens every day except for Sunday. I am in awe of these fantastic people. Strangers know I am Latina but they also know I'm not from here. I'm pretty sure a guy who was about to mug me quietly told me to not carry my phone in my hand because people will snatch it out of my hands. I saw him walk off with a purse after that.... I'm glad it wasn't mine. I try to not stick out too much here. I mean, I pretty much look like I could belong. I wear a lot of jeans and tshirts, coat, and tennis shoes. My new shox were probably a bad idea but they're ruined by the brick-like mud so I'm sure people can't tell I'm from abroad (as long as I don't speak). Anyway, I'm still trying to get used to the food. Now, here are some pictures I took while surveying a town!

Check out the structure of this standing building...
I traveled to this Artisan town today to check out how Habitat for Humanity finds clients. Artisans are one of many
groups of workers seeking better housing... Also, check out that nome checking out that front row frog...

Este es el municipal. Equivalent to the place in America where you get stuff like marriage licenses.

Palm Trees everywhere and overlooking the city are gorgeous mountains and a beautiful lake.



I took this picture on a moped. It's slightly crooked but I'm pretty proud of myself.

I was really impressed by the great quality of their grass. JUST look at how crisp
and green/luscious it is!

No filter was needed for any of these pictures, especially this one. It's so pretty here!

Comments

Popular Posts