Tribute to my Dad- My First Love

Hi Dad!

I know we make tributes to Mom, call her every single day, and sometimes it takes weeks for you to hear from us. I also know we usually call you when Mom doesn't answer the phone (Why didn't she answer? Is mom alive?!) or when something is wrong with our cars. So today, I wanted to wish you a Happy June Day!! This is fitting because in June we get to celebrate your awesomeness and your birthday (double wammy!). Oh- and I miss just driving home for the weekend. Paraguay is entirely too far but wait until I fill you in on some of my adventures...

Thank you for accepting the lady-bug rock I painted for you in Kindergarten, I was so excited to give it to you and loved the look of genuine surprise on your face when you realized I had, indeed, given you a rather large bug. Thank you for the Daddy-Daughter dates you took us on. Thank you for trying to teach us how to properly behave in public. I know I'm still a work in progress but hey, I brush my hair now! BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY:

1. You always explained BOTH sides of every point and taught me to love everyone, regardless of differences. So I would like to congratulate you on raising a great Mormon Feminist Democrat! 
2. So thankful for your reaction when I called you to discuss the recent happenings at church, you listened, supported, and encouraged me to be true to myself.
3. Your excitement over my little family. The minute you knew you were going to be a grandpa, you dove into the role just like a superhero! You always give the right advice on how to approach parenting things that are difficult and you can read me like a book. I can't hide my feelings from you.


I really need more pics of my childhood. This is Dad's birthday circa. 1992. 24 years young!

Thank you for loving Mom and us. I am so lucky to have you in my life. Do you know how much I love you? Do you know how much Max adores his Papi? We love you, daddy-o! Juntos Para Siempre. I know we will always be together forever, thank you for making that promise to my mother before we were born. I'm glad you had a lot of sisters, it was a good prep for your future daughters (I think Elias will be a good dad too because he has all sisters). 


There's nothing like wings, fries, and sandwiches. YUM! Can we go to BWW when I get home??

Gracias por enseñarnos con amor y muchísima paciencia. El testimonio que tengo de nuestra familia es enorme por que se que un dia estaremos todos juntos otra vez. Te quiero mucho, mi querido viejo! Nos veremos pronto.

 - Tu Flaca.

Comments

Adam said…
Good post! I remember your dad was super cool. Even when he didn't like you breaking curfew... Ha!
Jackson said…
Brotha De Santiago! He always bought us the best food on temple trips. Speaking of which, can I take you to one soon? I hear the Kansas City one is cool! Hit me up!

Popular Posts