Que Tal, Paraguay?
| During the reconstruction of Paraguay, this was the first Catholic church set in Luque, Paraguay (where I am staying) |
What I've noticed so far:
Mosquitoes Exist.
People hang out on porches for fun for hours at a time.
There is no real time or concept of it.
Little children can drive motorcycles.
Little children run the streets all day.
The LDS church is everywhere (they have 5 churches right by my house)
The food is completely different. I haven't gotten used to the lack of spice in the food. There is plenty of beef, chicken, and SO MUCH pork. The main food groups are: grains, pork/beef, and coffee. I am not a coffee drinker so I'm on the search for something warm like tea. I haven't really had a lot to eat since they only have 1 meal a day. I skipped breakfast my first day and assumed I would be having a lunch around 11. I ended up having to wait until 430 for dinner. I have been more cautious to how everything works here (my diabetic self loves food).
They also have Mate (they drink this all day long, it's a mashed leaf) and I am about to try it tonight. I'll let you know what I think.
**My English might not read correctly because I have now switched my brain to Spanish and my subject/verb agreements are all jumbled up in my head.
| This is my host lady. She is a dentist and a force to be reckoned with. We have become fast friends! She took me around the town to get acquainted with everything. |
| Look Mom! I found the Mormons! |
| I had to walk through all of this to get to the other side of the street |
Comments