Architectura of Habitat for Humanity-Paraguay

Today, I had the opportunity to go around different sites to see the different structures. I've always been fascinated by architecture and it was an interesting to see everything. I am still practicing my Guarani but it is not coming easily. Guarani is the language of Paraguay and its citizens are proud to speak it. It's very beautiful and I wish we had kept a Native American tongue in the United States. Can you imagine if we had nationalized a Native American tongue? There is also a lot of reparations given to the native Guarani people. For a third world country, Paraguay is modernizing quickly. I am acclimating to the time, culture, and particularly the food. I have found the 3-4 dishes I will probably be sticking to and I am excited. The pastries here are amazing. AMAZINGGGGGG. I could eat my weight in pastry so I am limiting myself to one a week. 


Every home habitat builds comes with a well

A beautiful habitat home, completely finished

Also, today I turned into my awesome my mother. Shout out to Mom! I saw these beautiful mandarine oranges and I didn't see anyone... So I asked my architect friend to pull us over so we could pick the fresh fruit off the trees. THIS FRUIT WAS DELICIOUS!



Picking some mandarines

This is the Sugar Cane factory where they make sugar. It stinks on this side of town...

Real Paradise



Today, I miss my boys, family, and the small comforts. I think homesickness finally hit. Whoops.


Comments

Unknown said…
Aw! Sweet girl! Hang in there! You got this. You're a rockstar. I miss you tons though. Can't wait for our skype date. I love you. :o)

Popular Posts