My Cute Muchacho Mulacho
Maxter Maximilian Maximo Maxi...
is getting ready to celebrate a right of passage. He's entered scouts and at the end of the month, we are celebrating his birthday with tons of family and friends--- this fiesta includes piñatas, carne asada and HULK smash will make an appearance! MB is kind, compassionate, loving and doesn't know a stranger. He's full of love and curiosity.
We recently finished Harry Potter 1 and it was a really great experience for both of us- also, that book is so, so long. It took us a few months and after a break, we just busted out a few chapters of the 2nd book. He listens intently and laughs with glee when he hears about the Dursley's ("what a bunch of muggles!").
MB is one of the bravest boys I've ever known and though I might be a bit biased, he's gone through a lot of changes, therapy and stretches like a champ. In March, he graduated from his Physical Therapy program (for a few months) and it was awesome to see the changes he made in two years. In the last year, we've moved and made new adjustments and it was all a grand adventure to him. I am so lucky he has a strong personality and sees the best in everything.
For those of you blessed enough to have strong-willed children, I've found that the easiest way to connect with him is to ride bikes. He blasts his favorite music and we ride around the park or neighborhoods until the sun begins to set. With the wind in our hair, we sing songs at the top of our lungs and enjoy the beauty around us. I only have to look into his eyes to know that he is mine and I am his. Greater joy I've not known than that of being MB's mother. My sweet Georgia peach is growing into a strong little man. For now, we will explore the forests, catch frogs, swim until dusk, tie knots, race cars, tell each other secrets while we camp and read books to one another. These moments aren't going to last forever and so, I'm basking in the small glories. I wish he would stay small and need me. His independence is fierce and he's shown me that the best is yet to come.
All my love,
Rubs




Comments